New speakers don't fit, suggestions?/multiplexer?

schmiddr2

Reaction score
I ran into the same problem with the tweeter covers. I ended up changing tweeter location, but my plan had been to make a wooden form that fit down in the location and copy cover pattern, insert the tweeter in the wood, and cover it in grill cloth.

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
I made these myself
33c8ciq.jpg

pequenojuan95

Reaction score
Ok. I made some "custom" spacers to mount the speakers in the door out of some wood. Same idea as the factory piece except no cup and wider mounting surface so I can mount the new speakers.

Now I'm reading into this multiplexer thing. Am I wrong in thinking this is some sort of body control module? Either way I have a Pioneer AVH-X1500DVD head unit, it's a double din unit. I need to wire up the illumination. I have seen threads that say you can't wire it up to the orange illumination wire but I have seen conflicting statements about the orange/white wire.

Tempted to just try to see what happens if I do hook up orange/white, but don't feel like replacing stuff just because I was curious. If there truly is too much load on the circuit couldn't you just wire a relay for the dimmer? Any input would be great.

I too tried to connect these wires and i guess i connected the wrong ones to where like russianred said it blows the multiplexor causing none of my gauges lights and ac lights to turn on now when i have the headlights on. just follow the wire diagram that came with your wire harness and your fine. at the top of my head i dont remember which ones i tired but one the orange stays free.

justin_l_

Reaction score
Well, I have had the orange/white hooked up for a couple days so far with no ill affects. The orange wire is not connected to anything, just capped off. Everything is hooked up and it sounds great, little lacking on the low levels but overall can't complain. Just need to button up the interior and it will be good to go.

Back