Burning way too much oil i have no idea what to do!

J0hnalex

Reaction score
whats up guys this is my first time even posting on this forum but unfortunately my car is burning a wicked amount of oil.

I bought this car about a month ago from a dealer saying they did the timing belt water pump and head gasket

But the other day i was driving and my check engine light popped on? Pulled over pulled out my scanner and boom vtech solenoid malfunction aka dangerously low oil...

I've replaced and today i checked and low oil again put a full quart in and not even on the dip sick

I really dont wanna get ripped off my a shop saying it needs a full rebuild but if anyone has had this problem before please any suggestions. Thanks so much!!!

xci.ed6

Reaction score
compression test #s

if bad = rebuild

if ok = oil rings crappy, prolly had bad maint by prev owner (read: norm)

vtech =/= vtec

you shouldn't have an mil before an oil pressure light.

J0hnalex

Reaction score
compression test #s

if bad = rebuild

if ok = oil rings crappy, prolly had bad maint by prev owner (read: norm)

vtech =/= vtec

you shouldn't have an mil before an oil pressure light.

So what do you think i should do just drop it at my local shop and let them have at it? Last thing i need is them to try to rip me off like for gods sakes i just bought the thing! Like what should i tell them is going on? Why should i ask exactly?

Gmoney

Reaction score
not trying to scare you but those were the exsact signs my engine showed before I needed to replace it

xci.ed6

Reaction score
idk, do you know how to replace spark plugs?

do you have like $20?

J0hnalex

Reaction score
:party36:
not trying to scare you but those were the exsact signs my engine showed before I needed to replace it

What did a entire replacement run you? I called a couple shops and apparently a piston ring job is guna cost me around 800 now if thats what it is. I can live with that i just dont understand why a dealership would sell a car with a bad engine. But whatever

And if it comes down the replace the any good place to get a used one with low mileage?

twofast4u

Reaction score
If I were you I would drop by the JDM shops locally to you and pick up a good healthy f23a. They are usually pretty low mileage. Quite a few people here have gone this route without many complaints. I know for me (in canada) the motor was around $350-400 delivered to my house. Then I swapped it out over a weekend.

Igor

Under construction
Reaction score
Any leaks/smoke out of exhaust? How much oil was in there originally,full? Change the oil/filter go from there. Car has power/loss of power? What engine?

J0hnalex

Reaction score
If I were you I would drop by the JDM shops locally to you and pick up a good healthy f23a. They are usually pretty low mileage. Quite a few people here have gone this route without many complaints. I know for me (in canada) the motor was around $350-400 delivered to my house. Then I swapped it out over a weekend.

Yes i did some more research and yes there is an importer that is relatively close to me. But if you put a JDM engine in a non jdm car won't it not line up correctly? Or have check engine lights? I live in New York where the The admission laws are ridiculous and I would need it to pass inspection. But yeah it's a common motor apparently and I could pick it up for about 350 bucks. I'm just nervous I've personally never done anything like this before. Btw thank you for everyone's help

Back