What'd you do to your accord today?

Varnell

Reaction score
Took her for a joy ride on the Blue Ridge Parkway before I start putting her back to stock and swapping parts to the V6.

IMG_31731.jpg

IMG_31861.jpg

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Happy to. The only part I haven’t figured out yet is making it look finished on the interior end, I’ll either modify a 3G TL brakelight housing or upholster over the brakelight assembly itself. But it’s mounted solid and works for now.

3G TL’s don’t make it to the junkyard often, and finding just the brakelight cover on Ebay (and in tan) is difficult, so I’ll probably make the DIY up to where I am now and then I’ll update it later.
Right on. Hopefully, you'll be able to sort it out soon.

I wonder why it's difficult to find the cover from the junkyard. Perhaps TLs w/ tan interior is rare to be seen in the first place?

(This is just a thought, but getting the TL cover in black might not be such a bad idea as well. I can see why you're going w/ tan, in order to match w/ your interior color, especially all 6gen's roof liner & C-pillars are already in tan. But, having a black cover can also blend into the rearview (the rear window as a whole) more effectively than the cover being tan imo. Especially, that your window is tinted.)

Considering your taste, which you like to have things in unified color, unlike "DX-ish black-by-default", I'd assume that you will most likely be going with tan, but just my 2 cents before you finalize your decision. ;)

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^Why didn’t I think of that. That would make more sense because I painted the back facing area of the stock 3rd brakelight housing black for that exact reason. Course I could do the same thing again with a tan one, but black TL interiors are more common. Since my interior is light, I’ve always regretted not going with a darker tint.

There have been two 3G TL’s that made it to the junkyard. The weird thing is they both had massive front end fires because the front half the car was literally melted. I’d never seen a J35 reduced to nearly nothing.

Your attention to detail is always impressive Rich, thanks for the idea.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
^Why didn’t I think of that. That would make more sense because I painted the back facing area of the stock 3rd brakelight housing black for that exact reason. Course I could do the same thing again with a tan one, but black TL interiors are more common. Since my interior is light, I’ve always regretted not going with a darker tint.

There have been two 3G TL’s that made it to the junkyard. The weird thing is they both had massive front end fires because the front half the car was literally melted. I’d never seen a J35 reduced to nearly nothing.

Your attention to detail is always impressive Rich, thanks for the idea.
Glad that it helped you out a bit.

I used to like having my windows tinted to 20%. The darker you go, a car looks sharper, but I hated myself being a cop magnet. ← (Back then, I had my windows tinted only for a cosmetic purpose.) But the reason I have them now is to protect my interior & myself from UV from the sun. Even my windshield is filmed for that reasons; Shhh. Right now, I prefer having the percentages in 30's, regardless of any interior color. With that said, I actually do like the way it looks on your car tho. ← To me, it's sort of like one of those "grown-up's taste" imo. ;)

Wow.. I hope those two weren't burned down by the manufacture's issues or anything..

You're welcome, Chris. I'm just a bit too anal, only when it comes to modify cars & when I be a barista at work lol. I'm quite a lazy guy, unless otherwise instructed. :p

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
yep, it's all ****ing SH1T!!! I ****ing hate birds. More than winter even.

temporary-37.jpg

Worst part is, it's too ****ing cold outside to wash it.

Jordan_H

Reaction score

temporary-37.jpg

Worst part is, it's too ****ing cold outside to wash it.

Wow... That's just... You're on some birds **** list. Literally...

I hate this cold weather because of not being able to wash your car

shyste

Reaction score
changed the d2 bulb to the d4 bulb. ordering another bulb so they all light up. it kind of bothers me that i switched it like that but was irritating d4 wouldn't light up

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

http://i684.photobucket.com/albums/vv202/Red__Ryder/temporary-37.jpg[IMG]

Worst part is, it's too ****ing cold outside to wash it.[/quote]
Damn!! What went wrong??? I mean, where the hell were you???

Let's stay away from the oxidation asap! Idk how cold over there to wash it, but I'd pressure wash it immediately tho..

FINALLY had my car fully aligned, corner balanced, and lowered the front ride height! Posted some pics on the MR thread w/ details.

xci.ed6

Reaction score
Go to Honda Motorcycle dealer, get Pro Honda Spray Cleaner & Polish

It is the best stuff ever. I use it on helmets, glasses, leather gear, gauges, paint, polished stuff, not supposed to do seats or pegs, but it makes 'em shine!

Also use it on the Accord, do ~4 polish jobs per can. Just refresh your microfiber rag stock. You need to.

Step1
Spray, wipe NOW, still WET! Remove grime.
Step2
Spray it all. Smoke break! Wipe the dry junk wipe gently clean with a new rag!
Step3
Admire the beauty.

Back