RR's '99 coupe EX-L

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Re: RR's 3.2L '99 coupe 6MT

Lack of desires....because Coupes.

See how you don't hear this type of sadness from the sedan guys?

:lawl:

Perhaps it's time to upgrade to a sedan, and swap those fancy OEM+ parts over, and then you will see how the car really brings back that pride and love!

Sorry, do I sound biased???

:henry:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

Finally :boink:

temporary_71.jpg

temporary_72.jpg

i've thought the same thing for years now too. I keep thinking about buying either an frs, s2000, 76-77 celica, MKIV supra, LS460L, or SC300 but then i remember my car's paid for, parts are cheaper and easy to find, and the car's still reliable. Of course, I'm still trying to buy a house so that's big motivation for me to save money

You're right. And there is something to be said for all that. I remember right after we bought the Venza I was reminded how nice having a paid off car was.

I can't get that CTS-V wagon from BG C&C out of my head lately, I keep looking at your pics of it. Very pricey though, and that's a lot of car.

^I keep thinking about building my dream car, but quickly remind myself how spoiled we are when it comes to sourcing parts.

Chris, you could try not babying it, for a change. lol

I don't think I realize how spoiled we are for parts, I haven't driven anything else for 9 years...that will probably be a rude awakening for me.

During winter she doesn't get much of a workout. But it's warming up so that will be changing. :)

Hope you can get your car together in the not too distant future.

I wish these swap parts were readily available and cheap

I know what you mean Chris. This forum seems like it's dying and everyone else is moving onto newer platforms. Working at a car dealership makes me want luxury and all that, but then I see the repair cost if something happens. And a lot of it has to be fixed by the dealership.

Lately, while buying all of these swap parts, I could've saved money and bought something nicer, faster, more luxurious, etc.... But then I realize that I'll have a little bit of more money in the car, and it'll be at a stage I didn't think I'd ever reach with this car. I still rarely see this chassis modified around here or really any show I go to anymore. It's nice to be different sometimes

Yeah. I drive my car for me and what not, but I do miss having a more active community for whatever I'm driving. Just makes the experience more engaging. Of course, if all the people that were in the FB group were here, it would be a lot more active. I always see people asking the most basic questions in the FB group and I wonder if they know about this forum. Anyway a guy at work is always asking me if I want to hang out with him and his friends...but they all drive tuned Bimmers, ISF's, etc. Hard to be around that in my humble Accord lol.

Good point, I'm planning to buy something from 2012 or older. I read the other day to change the water pump on the V6 Venza, it's pretty involved and the dealer charges almost $1800. That does scare me a bit in getting a newer car.

Agree about being different. That's what keeps me interested in my car. Even when I do get something else, it will be mostly stock...so even though it's nice it will still just look like someone else's. I'll likely never mod another car is deeply as the Accord, which is why I plan to keep it.

Looking forward to seeing the J32/6MT in your coupe.

As far as the forum feeling likes it's dying, for the last three weeks 9 out of 10 times I try to post the server crashes for me. My post doesn't save when I go back a page and I just move on.

Not to be negative but I am disappointed none of the admins have commented on this, there has been one new thread and another updated with people having issues. I am going to PM them and see what the deal is.

Buddy your pedals are sooooo sick I checked their site and they make wicked stuff how do they attach to the stock pedals?

You have to remove the stock rubber covers and drill the pedal, then fasten the new cover on. I highly recommend SRP, very quality stuff.

Exactly how I felt ...:(

word

Lack of desire....because Coupe.

Perhaps it's time to upgrade to a sedan, and swap those fancy OEM+ parts over, and then you will see how the car really brings back that pride and love!

:computer:

Next car will be a sedan. ;)

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

:drool: So much damn want. Here is the one I mentioned above…seems owners prefer 5-spokes.

21768077440_7cba106359_b.jpg

21768084010_28c7ed479c_b.jpg

I don’t know what the aftermarket looks like for a Cadillac, but these things look so good stock I wouldn’t do much. Wheels probably, and little cosmetic things.

I need to sell a testicle or something like NOW. :lawl:

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score

one testicle and a kidney and you should be good :lawl:

i'd just get a manual transmission, put it on air ride and some nice wheels and that's all it'd need.

FNCONE

Reaction score

Loving the gloss on those mirrors!

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score

omuhgawd...perfection

6749510001_large.jpg

one testicle and a kidney and you should be good :lawl:

i'd just get a manual transmission, put it on air ride and some nice wheels and that's all it'd need.

I'd probably do the kidney and take out a loan. Need both bawlz to handle 556hp. :lawl:

I'd do wheels and window tint, that'd probably be it. They're pretty low from the factory and not sure I'd want to mess with the magnetic ride control suspension.

Loving the gloss on those mirrors!

Thanks Frankie. I think I'm good on wiring everything except the folding, so you might hear from me about that haha. Hope we can figure out my ALPS switch.

SykVSyx

Reaction score

Those mirrors look like some type of funky display in an art gallery.

Fresh paint.....it's a good look. Can't wait to get that done.

As for the wagon, I saw the pic of that black one, several with the wide fenders, not sure I would go that far, but, the car is one of the coolest wagons going.

717ccaeaf223e96fdf69b3dd61024a3a.jpg

Canepa-Cadillac-CTS-V-Wagon-Body-Kit-03.jpg

cadillac-cts-v-wagon-stanced.jpg

cadillac-ctsv-wagon-custom-wallpaper-4.jpg

FNCONE

Reaction score

Thanks Frankie. I think I'm good on wiring everything except the folding, so you might hear from me about that haha. Hope we can figure out my ALPS switch.[/QUOTE]

LOL this made my day, basically defeats the purpose if we didn't get the PFM part wired in. No need to hope we got this!

Mikey

Reaction score

Exactly how I felt ...:(

Lack of desire....because Coupe.

Finally :boink:

temporary_71.jpg

temporary_72.jpg

You're right. And there is something to be said for all that. I remember right after we bought the Venza I was reminded how nice having a paid off car was.

I can't get that CTS-V wagon from BG C&C out of my head lately, I keep looking at your pics of it. Very pricey though, and that's a lot of car.

I don't think I realize how spoiled we are for parts, I haven't driven anything else for 9 years...that will probably be a rude awakening for me.

During winter she doesn't get much of a workout. But it's warming up so that will be changing. :)

Hope you can get your car together in the not too distant future.

Yeah. I drive my car for me and what not, but I do miss having a more active community for whatever I'm driving. Just makes the experience more engaging. Of course, if all the people that were in the FB group were here, it would be a lot more active. I always see people asking the most basic questions in the FB group and I wonder if they know about this forum. Anyway a guy at work is always asking me if I want to hang out with him and his friends...but they all drive tuned Bimmers, ISF's, etc. Hard to be around that in my humble Accord lol.

Good point, I'm planning to buy something from 2012 or older. I read the other day to change the water pump on the V6 Venza, it's pretty involved and the dealer charges almost $1800. That does scare me a bit in getting a newer car.

Agree about being different. That's what keeps me interested in my car. Even when I do get something else, it will be mostly stock...so even though it's nice it will still just look like someone else's. I'll likely never mod another car is deeply as the Accord, which is why I plan to keep it.

Looking forward to seeing the J32/6MT in your coupe.

Not to be negative but I am disappointed none of the admins have commented on this, there has been one new thread and another updated with people having issues. I am going to PM them and see what the deal is.

You have to remove the stock rubber covers and drill the pedal, then fasten the new cover on. I highly recommend SRP, very quality stuff.

word

:computer:

Next car will be a sedan. ;)
I, too, have been looking for more local 6GA guys. There are a few but they're younger and their cars are basic, slammed on cut springs, and their rims are colors like orange or baby blue. Please. Lol. My car is 100% unique. It's only 1 of 2 in North America with EDM tail lights and it's the only one in the states with said lights. Pair that with the Civic wheels, retros, and woodgrain and there isn't anything like it. I want older, more refined enthusiasts. I need to start going to Cars and Coffee, lol. There is quite the grouping of car guys in my town but they're high HP, trucks, bikes, or POS beaters. They do have meets but this is the bible belt and, let's face it, this is "Murica" so they're not exactly my kind of people. A few of the guys are really cool but it makes for awkward situations, lol.

And I feel you guys on the whole moving on aspect. I've been wanting something else for some time now. The posts, and lack of updates, in my MRT are indicative of that, lol. I just have a tight budget, again. Before money wasn't really that big of an issue but now that we have the house and more financial burdens; a new car, paid in full or not, just isn't going to happen.

Oh and, by the way, Chris, the mirrors look good, too. ;)

Back