RR's '99 coupe EX-L

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
By seeing that cobblestone of text and before even reading i knew what was coming...

I can't really judge because every person have a different life path and needs. Nevertheless it's a very frustrating and difficult situation to deal with. I once been there, sold it but missed the car very much...So few years later i got another one.. Despite that i'm still struggling to fully enjoy it because here in Europe olders cars are not welcome anymore due to all kinds of regulation restrictions. In 2 years from now it will be banned and i won't be allowed to enter in any major cities anymore and this in all european countries..:bump:

I have no idea what future holds, things in this world is going all over the place right now.. i've had the same though again and that i should perhaps sold it yet again but boy...i feel i've not yet enjoyed this car as i would have love to and i've been there before already so i'm like, hey life, give me a god damn break..:banghead:

Despite that i'm still holding and trying to live my life the way i want it and not the way the system and governements try to dictate. This is i believe one reason why originality is long gone..

When kids will become adults and leave the house you will have free time again and then you will look around and say "where is my little cherry homie..!" :lawl:

A safe bet and ideal scenario would be to sell it to someone who will of course take care of the car and keep contact with the owner. So in case the person decide to sell it, you can still track where the car goes and so on. This way you can at least know who still is the current owner. The reason i'm saying this is in case were few years later you deeply regret and miss the car and decide to get it back. Who knows, perhaps the current owner will be willing to selling it to you at some point.. It's a little bit far stretched but you never know and a cost free option.

Whatever you end up with i hope you will make the right decision :console:

You are right that it is a frustrating and difficult situation, wish I had more wealth so buying another car was not a big deal haha. I have heard a handful of people say they regretted selling their 6GA and wanting to find another. I am afraid that would be me as I tend to be a sentimental person, and I would never find another 6GA like mine.

I feel worse for what you are going through though, the coming changes for cars (especially older ones) just infuriate me. Very aggravating that such strict guidelines are being placed on something that we are so passionate about. It is already tough that cars are a tool used in all of society and therefor have to be designed and engineered for the masses for the most part, but their widespread use necessitates them to be subject to the environmental crap as well leaving enthusiasts frustrated once again.

Haha yes when my kids finally don't take up the majority of my time I will have more time and hopefully more money to better fulfill my car hobby (which I have all but abandoned for now, but also because of inflation the hobby has become more expensive), and I will wish I had a little red manual sporty coupe to tinker with.

I actually did get contacted by someone who has been a long time fan of my car, and who I know would take good care of it and treat it better than I am able right now. They are also not too far away, but far enough away I would not have to see them driving around in it haha. So that is always a consideration for me. But, we never talked money and I don't know how much he would actually pay for it.

Right now, even if I were to sell it, there are things that I think should be fixed before doing so. So it is staying with me until I at least do that, which I have already dug into with motor work.

@RedRyder, I can relate. I've had 3x 6th gen accords of which the remaining (01 coupe) has been with me 10 years. About two years ago I was looking for a newer ride for the wife which would make for 6 cars between the two of us. I pondered getting rid of the 6G then. But, like you said I knew no one would really value it like me. So, in the end I sold off two Acuras (07 TL type S 6 Spd and 03 CL Type S 6spd) and purchased a 18 TLX A spec. We're now down to 4 cars. The 6G stays parked in the garage next to the TLX. Not so much because its in great condition, but because I just don't value my beater 8GA daily or 00 prelude as much.

I've also been considering getting a 4WD/AWD Toyota, Acura or Honda SUV. But, the prices are insane. Anyways enough rambling... Good luck in whatever you choose to do.

Wow, yup you get it. Interesting you sold those two Acuras over your 6GA, just goes to show you how much these things can grow on ya.

I am okay with having 4 cars, but the wife doesn't love the idea. In her defense she is right that keeping up with 4 cars is a lot for me, and not to mention the cost of insuring them, gas, etc does add up when we could save more money. But hey maybe putting up with everything that comes with 4 cars is finally what would get me to sell one, haha.

Cars are way overpriced. I keep hoping the market will "normalize" but just don't know if/when that's gonna happen. The world's strange place.

Woa.. Wasn't expecting this from you. But that's totally understandable, when you have four kids. For some reasons, I thought you had two kids.

Yea the coupe can definitely be a vintage by now, and it is truly one of a kind for sure. If it ever goes out to a different home, perhaps your relatives (didn't you say your brothers, or in-laws, are car guys?) could be a good way to a different home? Or, maybe selling it on the FB to the 6GA guys? How about renting a car space at a public storage facility, if you want to still keep it?

This is just my random feeling but, if you ever restored the paint job on the coupe, there could be a slight change in your mind that you might reconsider letting it go...

Indeed, it is a strange update over here lol. Not sure if the time is ticking, but I'm sure your coupe is patiently waiting for you to make a move... haha. Anyways, GL with your decision, and I still can't believe this is happening!

You are correct, I had two kids. Then, somehow now I have four haha. My brother is a car guy, but the thing with selling it to someone that lives close by is I'd see it and not sure I'd want to anymore. I have thought of the 6GA FB page, and storing it off my property if I keep it. Wife wouldn't be cool with paying to rent a space every month, but if I knew a family member or friend that would store it for cheaper that could be an option. There is someone who has always liked my car that, last I checked, would buy it if I were 100% ready to sell it. And I know they would treat it well.

If the car had the body fixed up to look like new...that would really help my mindset. I would be so much more proud to pull into a cars & coffee with it like that. Sigh. Maybe someday.

Anyway I am still mulling everything over while I fix some stuff on it. Since I can't freakin decide what to do, I decided to just busy my mind with working on it. Then go from there.

Did you ever end up deciding to sell the 'ol girl?

Not yet. I enjoyed my last drive in it (before I started taking some stuff apart to work on) shifting the 6spd and hearing the V6 shout. Ehhhh. Keeping it for now while I fix things but haven't ruled out selling.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
You are correct, I had two kids. Then, somehow now I have four haha. My brother is a car guy, but the thing with selling it to someone that lives close by is I'd see it and not sure I'd want to anymore. I have thought of the 6GA FB page, and storing it off my property if I keep it. Wife wouldn't be cool with paying to rent a space every month, but if I knew a family member or friend that would store it for cheaper that could be an option. There is someone who has always liked my car that, last I checked, would buy it if I were 100% ready to sell it. And I know they would treat it well.

If the car had the body fixed up to look like new...that would really help my mindset. I would be so much more proud to pull into a cars & coffee with it like that. Sigh. Maybe someday.

Anyway I am still mulling everything over while I fix some stuff on it. Since I can't freakin decide what to do, I decided to just busy my mind with working on it. Then go from there.
Whether you're going to sell it or not, the car seems like it needs a little love and attention to go towards your decisions anyways. Being a "Teal"Ryder might not be such a bad idea after all.

cg4ever

Reaction score
Quick note, i don't know in the us market but here in europe the 6GA value have literally skyrocket and continue climbing.. Oldtimer for real boyz.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Whether you're going to sell it or not, the car seems like it needs a little love and attention to go towards your decisions anyways. Being a "Teal"Ryder might not be such a bad idea after all.

Yea its issues only make the prospective buyer group smaller haha.

Wow you remember that photo! I had to think for a second.

Quick note, i don't know in the us market but here in europe the 6GA value have literally skyrocket and continue climbing.. Oldtimer for real boyz.

Whoa that's crazy. And awesome haha.

Back