Getting together my turbo kit

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
Ha looks exactly how i started off..got my manifold first( i got the Treadstone cast iron one) then turbo ect..

But Yes some people are skeptical about using "china" turbos.I have one-the one marked M12 on it. We took it apart and heatcoated the hotside of it. As long as you use a oil restrictor on it then it should last as long as you keep it maintained.oil change,ect.
i got mine for $150 with SS oil line with it.its been almost 2000miles and its fine,just dont get to boost happy with it, im doing 7psi,and its daily.

but if you had the money look for a used turbonetics or something.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
I've heard too many bad stories about china turbo on the Mitsu side of the world. Enought to make me invest in a real MHI EVOIII 16G when the time comes.

Last edited:

EnjoiPugs

Reaction score
I just wanted to update on how my project is going.

Here's the boost gauge I added. As well as the gauge faces I just put in:
boostgauge.jpg

And here's the worthless narrowband I noobly put in :bash:
narrowband.jpg

That's^ gonna get replace with a wideband when I get the cash.:coffee:

Here's a K&N filter I got. 2.5 inch diameter to match the intercooler stuff I'm getting soon:
knfilter.jpg

Ok, I also replaced my fuel pump with a walbro 255lph. I didn't get any pics, but it was pretty much direct fit, which was awesome. It was the GSS342 if you're looking for one I'd suggest it for sure. This is the old one:
fuelpump.jpg

And my blox 12:1 FMU as well as an oil catch can I put in:
fmuandoilcatchcan.jpg

Next I'll be working on the intercooler and piping. Also, I'm ordering oil feed and return lines. Any suggestions on the on the oil lines?

EnjoiPugs

Reaction score
Yep. I realize it's not doing anything for me atm, but I will need it eventually anyways. I don't see anything bad coming from it. Is there some reason not to?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
ya..the FMU supplies 12 times as much fuel through the injectors maxing them out,causing you to run uber rich due to no extra air flow..

usually you have atleast 6psi coming into the intake so the fuel ratio is good..but running that with your normal CAI or SRI isnt a smart idea..surprisingly you havnt flooded the engine being so rich..atleast take it easy,dont WOT and all that.

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
do you need a Tapped oil pan?
i have a spair..boost controller,Golden Eagle Polished vac manifold..

EnjoiPugs

Reaction score
ya..the FMU supplies 12 times as much fuel through the injectors maxing them out,causing you to run uber rich due to no extra air flow..

usually you have atleast 6psi coming into the intake so the fuel ratio is good..but running that with your normal CAI or SRI isnt a smart idea..surprisingly you havnt flooded the engine being so rich..atleast take it easy,dont WOT and all that.

What are you talking about man. The FMU only puts through extra fuel when it sees boost. I'm not worried about it. I know there's no boost right now.

I might have to hit you up for that tapped oil pan. IDK, I was just gonna tap mine, but if joo already got one...that's different. What kinda condition are we talking about?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
i got it off ebay,then used a Function7 fitting.has normal scrapes but no cracks or holes.
its JB welded from front and behind to insure no leakes..got kinda sloppy on the jb weld on the outside..but youl never see it..ha
Edit:i began to weld it,but it burnt through-so end result was jb weld.

CIMG0886.jpg

EnjoiPugs

Reaction score
Cool man. Did you have it installed for a while? No leaks or anything? Why'd you buy an extra one?

Back