Speaker setup in mind...?

Jianizzle

Reaction score
Hey guys, I think I've been hooked on making my sound system somewhat decent in my car. I'm positive that I want some coaxial speakers up front and I was wondering what would some good 6.5's be?

I understand that component systems give you the best sound stage and whatnot, but I'm trying to keep my car extra clean! (meaning no custom mounting) More like.. OEM feely, haha. Anyways, what are some good speakers that I could get for a decent price. Somewhere below 80$. I'm trying to compile a sound system for my car that would be leaning in the SQ direction. I already have a slight setup in mind. Not the best stuff, but here as follows.

WHAT I PLAN ON BUYING:

H/U:
Pioneer Premier DEH-P500UB

Subwoofer:
-Alpine MRP-M500 Mono Amp
http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19251
-JL Audio 10W1v2-4
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5161_JL+Audio+10W1v2-4.html#
-QLH-6510ss .625 Cubic Ft Enclosure
http://www.carstereoworld.com/qlogic/qltype1box.html

So any suggestions on 6.5's and 6x9's within a reasonable price is highly recommended.. I need help in this area! Oh and I'm a Pioneer fan.. so yeah. Haha. Thanks in advance for the replies! :naughty:

brettg4215

Reaction score
im running a DEH series hu and ive always liked pioneer
im about to update it to a pioneer double din screen
but i got kickers all around and they sound great
i would high recommend them
search for.....New Kicker Components.... if you wanna see them
i wouldnt recommend getting pioneer doors speakers
never heard many good things about them.

bigcoz

Reaction score
A friend of mine replaced all four of his speakers (6.5) in his jeep with kickers,along with a 5ch 600rms amplifier, and they pounded pretty well,but they didn't sound too good when turned up @ full volume....although i can't say anything bad about the 12 inch L7, IMO best subwoofer for the money. I used the same sub over 2 1/2 years, and it still hit hard like the day i bought it,until i sold it

Last edited:

DXaccorD

Reaction score
infinity reference door speakers, pioneer premiere 6x9's. Highly recommend all of these. dont know if it matters but i have almost the same headunit as you i have the 5500 lol

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I'm running Boston SL 6.5" Components in the front, and Boston SX 3 Way 6x9's in the rear, powered by a 500w 4 chan. Alpine V12 Expert amp.

They sound amazing.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Pioneer fan but running Alpine/JL Audio.........:coffee:

Seems like you have quite a cornucopia(look it up, haterz) of brands there, although that's been done, I would suggest sticking with one brand, be it Pioneer or whatever.

Another suggestion, do some research/do your homework. Depends on your budget, and your music preference.

For whatever you do decide to go with, go to your local audio shop and take a listen to a some various products to get an idea of what sounds good to you. I'd also suggest you bring your own music to play as well, since they might not have what you like at the shop.

Totalimmortal

Reaction score
I've been eyeing some Alpine Type-X's for my fronts for a while. A little out of your quoted price range though. For $80, you're rather limited. Infinity Ref's can be picked up for about $100, although they're way to harsh for me. For decent co-axials, maybe some Alpine Type-S? Again, about $100 but are much smoother IMO than the Infinity Ref's. They both have an aimable tweeter to boot.

Jianizzle

Reaction score
Thanks for the replies everyone! I appreciate all the info. I was looking into the Alpine Type-S/R series 6.5's. I'm considering those, even if they're a little out of my budget in the near future. Is there any mounting problems or modifications that I should be concerned with?

I've also heard good things about Boston Acoustics. Mounting concerns/mods?

I'm just trying to get crisp clean smooth sound.
I listen to Hip Hop, Rock, R&B, and nice Acoustic, if that matters.

Back