will f2's from a 5th gen fit?

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
found a good deal on some F2 type 1 coilovers off of a 97 accord. I've read that the tein basics from the 5th gen's will fit our cars so I was wondering if that was true with the F2's as well.

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
no. 5g suspensions will not swap over. idk where you heard teins would fit, cuz they wont. theyre different suspension.

x5carl3tMurd3rx

Reaction score
+2 I was wondering the same thing. I usually hate hub caps like that but they look pretty dope on your car.

jaron001

Reaction score
idk because i broke the fork on my 6th gen and i used a 5th gen 1 i had laying around it was the same height width etc. honda has different part numbers for them. i meant to measure the height of them (struts) but i think they will be pretty close if not dead on. just leaving the top hats to swap out.

also i own a 5th and 6th gen and this is personal experience not something i read

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
ive never heard of them being able to fit. i looked up some 5g suspensions too, but the rears looked different, with the fork at the bottom....sounds like what youre talking about. its a lot different than the ones that are made for 6g's.

Accord281

Reaction score
On the 5th gen, the rear suspension bushing is mounted in the lower control arm. On the 6th gen, it is mounted inside the strut. There just isn't a way to make them work.

Edit: Actually I don't know if it is in the lower control arm or not, but I know for sure it is on the car and not in the strut like ours. Replaced suspension in both gens this summer so I haven't seen it in a few months.

Last edited:
Back