6speed tranny swap into '00 Accord V6 - Need your help!

UCLAcivic

Reaction score
Hello folks,
My tranny was just diagnosed with fatal problems. Like a few before me, I have decided to do a tranny swap instead of rebuilding the auto slushbox. However, I am finishing up law school and do not have a ton of time (or money). Therefore, I am asking for help from the members on here. If you personally have or know someone that has any of these parts or has hook-ups on the parts listed below, please post in here or send me a pm. I am currently looking into the tranny. I am going to get either the 04-08 TL (LSD) or the 03 CL-S (LSD). I know the price is steep, but I am going to keep the car for 2-3 years, so I want to do it right the first time. If you know where to get one for under $1450, drop some knowledge. Furthermore, I am willing to help ppl out with their issues: tickets, etc. Thank you in advance and I will make sure I keep everyone posted on the progress.

Parts List:
03 CL-S MT Tranny or 04-08 TL MT Tranny
Clutch Master Cylinder & Slave Cylinder
98-01 Accord Clutch Pedals - from a 5spd i4 Accord
Clutch Kit & Flywheel - from the appropriate tranny
Shift Linkage/Cables - 03 CL-S
Tranny Mounts - 03 CL-S 6spd
Shiftbox - 03 CL-S 6spd
Shifter - 03 CL-S 6spd
Shift Boot

Last edited:

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
If i were you, I would go for the CL-s tranny because it has a LSD built in, and you dont have to worry about installing one.

Bada$$VTec

Reaction score
^04-08 TLs <<<<<not talking about TL-S have LSD too..OP you can check www.car-part.com for the trannies in ur area of if you're willing to ship check everywhere. goodluck

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Search here and on V6P, there is tons of information on this swap.

Also, talk to RJ (TheHunter) - he has some good information that can help you even though he went with the 7thgen 6MT.

NASOHC

Reaction score
If i were you, I would go for the CL-s tranny because it has a LSD built in, and you dont have to worry about installing one.

Good luck finding one... they're $$$$ too!

Search here and on V6P, there is tons of information on this swap. Also, talk to RJ (TheHunter) - he has some good information that can help you even though he went with the 7thgen 6MT.

WORD... we did the install at my previous shop - I found trans. for him through local yards. I think he spent close to $2500+ for the whole swap with 06 Accord 6-sp. though.

MoneyPit

Reaction score
I've got an ECU for you, out of my '00 EX V6. PM me if interested.

Back