best sounding exhaust for under 100 bucks!

swollen_cu

Reaction score
sounds like a pretty cool idea. Im in for a sound clip asap. I wanna hear this thing.

And I'm pretty sure it's quiet since the stock cat and resonator are still in there.

cudablack2004

Reaction score
thanks guys and yes its quiet at idle sounds like i still have the stock muffler on! im waiting for the camera guy to come so we can shoot a video or ima have to take it with my phone!:deal:

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
I bet it sounds like a wet fart early in the morning.
had a dry fart this morning in the middle of my stream...uh oh... :skurred:

99% of exhausts sound good inside the car...its when you stand outside the car that the facepalms ensue.

i'm going to have to go out on a limb and say that its not going to sound very good, since the 4 cylinders need a lot of resonance to combat the "bees in a can" sound. its going to be loud and plain obnoxious on the highway.

Vlad02coupe

Reaction score
had a dry fart this morning in the middle of my stream...uh oh... :skurred:

99% of exhausts sound good inside the car...its when you stand outside the car that the facepalms ensue.

i'm going to have to go out on a limb and say that its not going to sound very good, since the 4 cylinders need a lot of resonance to combat the "bees in a can" sound. its going to be loud and plain obnoxious on the highway.

Let me tell you my 4 cylinder surprised the hell out of me when i replaced the stock muffler with the cheapest ebay one... without the resonator it sounded like bees in a can, so i had the guy put it back on, and it sounds amazing ill be gettin a clip of mine up sometime mid may

as long as the resonator is still there his should sound great.
best part was i had em take off the stock muffler and resonator, fit a short pipe to connect the new muffler, then take it apart again to put the resonator back in and it call cost under $50!!!

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
there have been vids posted with $27 mufflers (back in the day) and they sounded good but didn't last.

the key to making an exhaust sound good is resonators...the muffler is a resonator as well.

its going to be loud and droning...

swollen_cu

Reaction score
there have been vids posted with $27 mufflers (back in the day) and they sounded good but didn't last.

the key to making an exhaust sound good is resonators...the muffler is a resonator as well.

its going to be loud and droning...

You never know... Especially with just that axle back part done. I might consider doing this If i go Manual so I have at least some kind of exhaust noise while driving.. hehe

BUt to tell you the truth, my exhaust set up sounds really bad, but I dont really have the time to change it...

2 1/4 custom piping no resonator and stock muffler... sounds good at low rpms, but once i get in the mid-high rpm range, it sounds like bees in a can...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
ive heard on other 4 cylinder cars...

i really dont care if he busts out the sawzall and makes it a convertible...

Back