You know you drive a 6th gen Accord when....

Mikey

Reaction score
Mine lasted to 253k and 18 years, so...yeah, it lasted a long time. Id had it for 5 years and was wanting to move on anyway.

LX_F23A1

Reaction score
when you blackhouse your headlights and people think that the car wants to eat you from the front end :))

hondachik

Reaction score
sad, but true... it happened to me, and it was 2 guys in the car lol. i got it the 2nd time tho...

It happened to me last night on the way home. I mean, I was gunning it, but I only got to 3k rpms and my turn was coming up. If I didn't have my 2 children in the back seat and my air on, I would've given it to them. Srsly.

BTW, Chevron w/ Techron does make a difference. I notice my RPM's are going up faster...or maybe it's just the fact I have two of those heavy *** rims off my car, LOL.

Mikey

Reaction score
I thought it was just me...

I did a stint in SW arizona for 6 months and i was putting chevron gas in my old 92 and that thing ran like a top. The Shell and "MFA Oil Co." gas im putting in now isnt as good. Better than QuikTrip i suppose.

hondachik

Reaction score
I used to run it in my Civic and it used to help a lot. It took away my rough idling and it just seemed to run better. Now I've used it in my Accord the past two fill ups and I can feel the difference. It's easier for me to accelerate @ takeoff, and it doesn't lag sometimes when I yield then quickly accelerate like it used to. I notice my RPMs going up faster, and it's just an overall easier/smoother ride.

imaricer:)

Reaction score
It happened to me last night on the way home. I mean, I was gunning it, but I only got to 3k rpms and my turn was coming up. If I didn't have my 2 children in the back seat and my air on, I would've given it to them. Srsly.

BTW, Chevron w/ Techron does make a difference. I notice my RPM's are going up faster...or maybe it's just the fact I have two of those heavy *** rims off my car, LOL.

Both, ive noticed any gas but REG in my car makes a diff. im just cheap and dont want to spend 20+ cents per gallon

hondachik

Reaction score
Both, ive noticed any gas but REG in my car makes a diff. im just cheap and dont want to spend 20+ cents per gallon

I agree. But I've been using the Regular of Techron and it's even been showing a diff in my car. I'm not sure how long that diff will feel considering the gas I've been using the whole time I've had the car has been crappy and the cheapest gas. But I'm trying to be better to my car since it has never let me down and it's still going even with the few probs it does have at the moment. I atleast deserve to give it good gas, plus it's recommended by Honda. I've also been doing fuel treatments lately as well.

Geewiz

Reaction score
I agree. But I've been using the Regular of Techron and it's even been showing a diff in my car. I'm not sure how long that diff will feel considering the gas I've been using the whole time I've had the car has been crappy and the cheapest gas. But I'm trying to be better to my car since it has never let me down and it's still going even with the few probs it does have at the moment. I atleast deserve to give it good gas, plus it's recommended by Honda. I've also been doing fuel treatments lately as well.

The alcohol ones like STP aren't rated to do crap except burn a few shots of alcohol. Lucasoil fuel treatments are rated well. I use them. I used to carry a large multi-use bottle in the boot in the plastic tray on the left. First time it leaked and made a mess in the plastic tray. Second time it leaked all down into the spare tire boot area. The cap would probably hold if I didn't always drive it like I stole it, but is there any other way to drive? Hell, hondachik races with not one but two kids in the back! COOL MAMA! +1 for that!

Back