Lets help Matt (AllGOnoSHOW) fix his car in time for I.A.!!!

eggs

Reaction score
it is a little harsh.. but i can see where they are coming from they dont know who matt is,what he is like and how great of a person he is, they dont see how helpful he is to everyone on here and why he deserves this so much

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Jeez...it's like they didn't even read our thread. If they had, they would have seen that this is not all about the car, it's about the person. And they would have seen all the troubles that Matt has had to deal with and how there is one aspect of his life that strangers can help with.

Some people just make me sad. Ah well, I'm glad I'm not like them.

Millz

Reaction score
it's 2 people stating their opinions guys...

can this please get back on topic? I don't even see the need for derek posting the link or commenting on the posts made by the users like they commited a crime

Thank you.

001Stunna

Reaction score
Jeez...it's like they didn't even read our thread. If they had, they would have seen that this is not all about the car, it's about the person. And they would have seen all the troubles that Matt has had to deal with and how there is one aspect of his life that strangers can help with.

Some people just make me sad. Ah well, I'm glad I'm not like them.

Lets slow down a bit guys as it seems we are getting things a bit twisted around. Please keep in mind that if you don't drive a 6thgen and have never had a need to visit 6ga before and all of a sudden you saw a thread asking for donations(on your local city forum) for someone(who you do not know) to get their car up and running for an IA meet you'd be sceptical as well.

I think the main topic thread was just constructed poorly as it makes it seem like "get the car ready so matt can attend a meet" not get the car ready so he can have a means of transportation.
The goal is to have the car fixed in time for Import Alliance in Nashville Tennessee the weekend of July 16th, 2011.

Also the thread linked to TAC is this thread, hence by someone clicking on it they wouldn't really learn much but read the same thing over again, so they wouldnt be able to learn much of anything really, just re-read the same info.

By all means ive been a part of 6GA and TAC for quite the time and both have helped me out in one way or the other, but pointing fingers at people for not going along with something, commenting on it or being skeptical when quite a lot of info is left out doesn't seem exactly right.

-Levin

Last edited:

JMillerUA6

Grillin' rape steaks
Reaction score
I've got some news!!

Tim, our site sponsor from OEMAcuraParts.com & HondaAcuraPlanet has agreed to donate a hood for Matts car. Only stipulation to this is that we buy the rest of the parts he needs (both front fenders, trunk lid and chrome trim) from him at 25% off list.

He is going to get me an itemized price list to see how much more we'll need to raise.

Right now we are at $190!!

You guys are awesome!

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
I don't regret anything and my intention weren't for a meet
people I associate myself with do this all the time
to help each other out in parts we need by word of
mouth from people that might have extra parts laying or someone selling
or little funds we have to help out
I was only doing what me and my friends do all the time

SykVSyx

Reaction score
it's 2 people stating their opinions guys...

can this please get back on topic? I don't even see the need for derek posting the link or commenting on the posts made by the users like they commited a crime

Thank you.

First of all.....give me a break.

If you read through this thread, Justin asked me to post it on TAC, and everyone is capable of using the 'Search' function on here and they could have found out more information.

Secondly, Tyler asked me to link the thread, so I did. I don't think what those guys posted on TAC was all that harsh, as I stated on TAC, it was somewhat expected.

They don't all know the situation, so I understand they would have read the thread and thought it was odd that the promotion of helping someone fix their car for a meet was a little much. I replied with an explanation, and thought that helped to shed some light on things.

I figured we are both Accord Forums that have had a few things in common, so why not see if we could help out another Accord owner. Silly me......:eusa_doh:

Thirdly, please explain to me how I "commented on the posts like they committed a crime."

:coffee:

Lastly, with the ease of access of the internet and the fact that there are users on both of these sites, you don't think the TAC link would have been posted on here eventually, in this thread????

C'mon, Millz, I expect better of you than that. You know I am the last one that tries to stir up anything. I am trying to help Matt out, I didn't donate because I want to see him get to the show, I want to see him getting his car back up and running because he needs a car........

Millz

Reaction score
First of all.....give me a break.

If you read through this thread, Justin asked me to post it on TAC, and everyone is capable of using the 'Search' function on here and they could have found out more information.

Secondly, Tyler asked me to link the thread, so I did. I don't think what those guys posted on TAC was all that harsh, as I stated on TAC, it was somewhat expected.

They don't all know the situation, so I understand they would have read the thread and thought it was odd that the promotion of helping someone fix their car for a meet was a little much. I replied with an explanation, and thought that helped to shed some light on things.

I figured we are both Accord Forums that have had a few things in common, so why not see if we could help out another Accord owner. Silly me......:eusa_doh:

Thirdly, please explain to me how I "commented on the posts like they committed a crime."

:coffee:

Lastly, with the ease of access of the internet and the fact that there are users on both of these sites, you don't think the TAC link would have been posted on here eventually, in this thread????

C'mon, Millz, I expect better of you than that. You know I am the last one that tries to stir up anything. I am trying to help Matt out, I didn't donate because I want to see him get to the show, I want to see him getting his car back up and running because he needs a car........

Derek, all im trying to say is it was ONE person who stated their opinion, and justin agreeing to Rajin's comments.

You called it "interesting" and to me it seems like you're implying something by it, and the way that you said that it's expected made it seem like something bad was said.

Either way, I met Matt personally at IA and he's a good guy. I just didn't see the need of bringing what Raj said into here is all.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I do find it interesting, because why would we(TAC or 6GA) post up a thread asking people for money to help someone get to a car show!

If they read past that part, or a little further in to things, they would have been able to see it was more than about getting parts for someone to go to a car show....who does that!

You do know there are a number of guys from here that lurk on TAC, that thread was bound to get posted in here eventually. I didn't post it as an attack against Rajin and Justin, I would have hoped they would have either asked or searched to get more facts.

My bad if I didn't post up enough info(I have updated my first post), but at the same time, I would think there would be a little bit more of an understanding that we wouldn't ask people for money/parts just so someone can attend a car show.

Back