Windows won't roll down... Any suggestions?

NocturnalEvo

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I searched both forums and couldn't find an answer for my problem.

Basically I got a '98 Accord EX sedan. It came w/the tan window switch panels. So I bought some of the OEM woodtrim panels to replace the tan ones. All plugs fit perfectly, everything hooked up lovely.

BUT now only the driver side window goes down, the passenger side, and both back windows will not go down. (yes i checked the window lock switch).

Now here's where my problem differs from everyone else (based on the threads I read). When I press the button to put the window up or down (from the drivers switch panel and the actual switch on any of the doors) there is no sound. Like normally you can hear the window motor click. I don't hear anything at all.

I figured somehow a fuse might have been blown. So I checked the individual window fuses and the window motor fuse, and they're completely fine.

Then I tried to put the regular tan switch panel back in figuring at least that will work. But even that didn't work. Only the drivers side window goes up and down. The rest...nothing.

I tried to have the windows "re-learn" based on a thread for the 7th gens, but that did nothing either.

So now i'm stumped. I'm sure it's not a complicated fix. Just not sure what to look into next. Anybody got any solutions/suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

CG6Lemon

Detailing Enthusiast
Reaction score
when you put the plugs back in did you hear a click? this happened to me before because the plugs did not click.

NocturnalEvo

Reaction score
Did you pull on the wires instead of the plug?
check for loose wires... thats all i can think of for now. :thinking:

I'll give it a shot tomorrow, I doubt that's it though. But won't know for sure till I try it.

Bax

Reaction score
If all the plugs are fully clicked, all the fuses are okay, im pretty sure you don't have bad luck for all of the motors to go out at one time haha, then it sounds like something is just loose.

Have you tried powering one of the windows from each of their individual switches?
like for example, have you tried to put down the rear right window, using the rear right door switch? instead of using the driver's switch.

Bax

Reaction score
Well if you say you can't hear any of the motors engage, then it sounds like they aren't getting any power at all.

I just did some searching for a wiring diagram for the power windows in your car, and no luck.
I would guess all of the windows run through the driver's side though, seeing as the lock switch controls them. See if anything in there is loose. Also look and see if the "lock" switch may be stuck on the inside. I really am not sure though, im just throwing out ideas that i myself would try. lol

EDIT: see if the "Lock/Unlock" button on the passenger side works also.

Last edited:

HondaLuver83

Reaction score
The motor is stuck. Take the door panel off and disconnect the motor from the door. Reach inside through one of the doors and press the motor against the frame of the door. Take a plastic or sand filled hammer and pound on the motor to get it working again.

It's a dealer secret. The motor basically gets junk built up in the magnets and get stuck from time to time.

Back