The "DOES IT FIT?(parts)" Thread

JordanFleenor

Reaction score

kn0x47

Reaction score
Haha Chris the thread you linked to is about Andy from AMR Engineering. I think people have had issues with Andy auto parts though, I THINK

kn0x47

Reaction score
Oh I meant auto sports. They had a lawsuit against them a while back for their business practices. So... use at your own risk haha

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
Ok got a question for you 6GA ....

I need a motor for my car so I have been looking around for one, I recently found a J30A1 for $400. (I'll post a link at the bottom) My question is, considering this engine came out of an automatic car, will it bolt up fairly easily to my car (manual tranny)? What all do I have to do to make this work? Thanks in advance.

Here is a link: http://knoxville.craigslist.org/pts/2811273860.html

Darianjr1

Reaction score
Ok got a question for you 6GA ....

I need a motor for my car so I have been looking around for one, I recently found a J30A1 for $400. (I'll post a link at the bottom) My question is, considering this engine came out of an automatic car, will it bolt up fairly easily to my car (manual tranny)? What all do I have to do to make this work? Thanks in advance.

Here is a link: http://knoxville.craigslist.org/pts/2811273860.html
you got a 4cyl... you would need to swap out the tranny for the j30 tranny and you also need the sub frame from the v6s

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
J motors and 4cyl transmissions are not compatible. You need to either find another F23 or H motor.

Raul

Reaction score
I know the 5 lug from AV6 coupe will fit 4 cylinder coupes. But would there be any issues with ABS light etc?

JordanFleenor

Reaction score
you got a 4cyl... you would need to swap out the tranny for the j30 tranny and you also need the sub frame from the v6s

J motors and 4cyl transmissions are not compatible. You need to either find another F23 or H motor.

Would it be more cost affective going with a F or H motor rather than doing the whole J30 motor and tranny?

Back