Opinions?

nhldogg

Reaction score
Well since you have a trans cooler already, the extra cooling (although very minor) could help. But the way it attaches is kinda sketch.

I thought it was cool until I saw how it attached and I am kinda skeptical about welding something to my trans case.

lol @ ARC

If ARC really made this it would be like 400$ not 16.99

+1 Lol

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I was thinking the same thing, I was also wondering how that would stick to hot engine parts with just 3m tape :confused:

That alone is the biggest crock right there.

Like 3M TAPE could withstand that type of heat.

:boo:

cyen008

Reaction score
i feel like the heatsink would have to be in direct contact with the surface like a cpu's even though cpus have coolant putty in between, which would require it to be welded on vs 3m taped.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
It's almost like a wind cooled cpu heat sink. I'm pretty sure that's what they're basing their design off of lol. Does a transmission get that hot though ? They recommend it for IC piping so the 3m tape theoretically "should" be able to stand that heat I think.

i feel like the heatsink would have to be in direct contact with the surface like a cpu's even though cpus have coolant putty in between, which would require it to be welded on vs 3m taped.

That "putty" is silver contact which is just a way to promote heat transfer. The heatsink wouldn't have to be welded on, but who knows how well 3m tape transfers heat. For IC piping, you could always just get a ring clamp and just hold the heatsink on there hahaha.

Last edited:

nhldogg

Reaction score
It's almost like a wind cooled cpu heat sink. I'm pretty sure that's what they're basing their design off of lol. Does a transmission get that hot though ? They recommend it for IC piping so the 3m tape theoretically "should" be able to stand that heat I think.

This came up when I was searching for header wrap and it also stated that it could be used on other various engine parts.

Chris Vu

Reaction score
Huh. I highly doubt it'll work on the headers unless you strap it on with hose clamps

SykVSyx

Reaction score
The tranny fluid gets hot, so I would assume that the longer you drive, the hotter the fluid would get, thus, heating the housing.

Back