Plasticoat Paint from dipyourcar.com

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
Hey guys looking to paint my whole car a different color and really can't spend that much. I found a guy locally that will paint the whole car with Plasticoat from dipyourcar.com for 300 bucks after I buy the paint. Anyone ever try this?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Ohhhhh no. How bad is your paint/clear coat? Because unless it's practically gone, it's not worth repainting the car for that sort of budget. It won't be quality, it won't last, and it will look awful.

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Chris, you and I are a dying breed. With every day that passes, more broke boys own these cars.

Dukebb23

Duke Blue Devils
Reaction score
Understandable just curious if anyone had tried it. I was told it has a 3year warranty on the paint job but that's only because it hasn't been around for more than 3 years. I did see a lot of reviews that were really positive but I wasn't sure if anyone had tried it out. My paint and clear coat is really bad swirled and I am going to have my dents and my miss matched pinstripes taken out also. I know if I remove the factory pinstripe that it won't look right after so that's why I was thinking of doing this.

talontsiawd

Reaction score
I haven't been 100% content with the paint work from some of the best body shops in the area, charging $100-120/hr. The body work is good and the paint work isn't bad, one time I had overspray on my mirror, another, there was a bug in my paint. Can't imagine what you get for $300 for the whole car. Especially since you say it's dented up and needs prep.

White6GAV6

Reaction score
You get what you pay for. Personally I would never Plasti-Dip my whole car. You're still looking at around $500+ for the whole job, even more if you want the glossy finish. Might as well just keep saving up money and get a quality, or at least better, paint job with real paint. Just my two cents.

98 SMR AV6

Reaction score
IMO I wouldn't do it. Plasti-Dip a whole car is just too much, no matter how cheap it is I wouldn't go for it. I would just save up my money to get a real and better quality paint job. I bet you'll be more satisfied with that route.

Shadow1

Reaction score
For $300 you can go to Maaco and get a better job done. Sand down your car. Prime it and fix whatever dents you have and take it to the Maaco. It'll come out looking brand new. When it comes to paint its mainly about prep work. Skimp out on that and you'll hate the paint afterwards.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
There are/were a couple of bedliner painted cars on here, I would look at those first to get an idea of how the plastidip will come out.

Get the car detailed, and save your money for a proper paint job with a lifetime warranty.

Latest posts

Back