Mikey's 2001 V6 Coupe

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Not a body guy, but could the OEM bumper be repaired?

Since it's cracks, I would think it would be much easier to repair, even though the cracks are big.

Mikey

Reaction score
I honestly don't know. I haven't priced it but you know how places are; they "wont know until they see it/do it" and I don't have that kind of money. I really just should've gone through insurance (Let this be a lesson, kids!) but like I said earlier, I feel like they would've bought the cheapest replacement and Id be in the same position I am today. For now, it looks the part and will suffice. My main issue is just the fact that -I- know it's not the OEM bumper. :\

Mikey

Reaction score
Everyone knows Mikey loves his LEDs. Put new bulbs, from DDM, in the tail lights. Tails themselves are nice and bright but my buddy followed me home and said that at night, it's hard to differentiate between tails and brakes. Not sure how they look during the day. Good thing I still have my spoiler-mounted 3rd...

I'll keep working on that. I forked out $10 a piece for these. Next step is probably VLED. Not sure Im ready, or can afford, to fork out $100 for bulbs.

Also picked up a pretty big LED board for the dome and 2 smaller boards for the map lights. Dome is even brighter than the pop-in board I had previously and domes are super bright, too. Pics to come. Should have a couple more smaller ones coming for the the doors. I think I have LEDs in the reverse and theyre not as bright as I'd like. Im either gonna look into VLED or might possibly just put incandescents back in. :\

On a worse note, lol, things aren't going so well for us, financially, and we have 2 cars; one has a payment, one does not. One is older with more miles, the other newer with fewer miles. We keep going back and forth about selling one and we cant decide on which. Hers is worth more but she owes less than it's worth so we'd come out ahead slightly. Mine is worth about half of what she owes so selling it would only delay things slightly. It's only been a consideration and hasn't made it to the table yet as an option but it has been talked about. Id be sad to do it but sometimes certain things are more important than others. I think I'd be more sad that we're having to sell a cars than actually selling the car itself, lol. Like I said, its only just been a thought.

Otherwise, nothing new. I feel as though my MR page has been more of a blog than a page about my car, lol.

twofast4u

Reaction score
Everyone knows Mikey loves his LEDs. Put new bulbs, from DDM, in the tail lights. Tails themselves are nice and bright but my buddy followed me home and said that at night, it's hard to differentiate between tails and brakes. Not sure how they look during the day. Good thing I still have my spoiler-mounted 3rd...

I'll keep working on that. I forked out $10 a piece for these. Next step is probably VLED. Not sure Im ready, or can afford, to fork out $100 for bulbs.

Also picked up a pretty big LED board for the dome and 2 smaller boards for the map lights. Dome is even brighter than the pop-in board I had previously and domes are super bright, too. Pics to come. Should have a couple more smaller ones coming for the the doors. I think I have LEDs in the reverse and theyre not as bright as I'd like. Im either gonna look into VLED or might possibly just put incandescents back in. :\

On a worse note, lol, things aren't going so well for us, financially, and we have 2 cars; one has a payment, one does not. One is older with more miles, the other newer with fewer miles. We keep going back and forth about selling one and we cant decide on which. Hers is worth more but she owes less than it's worth so we'd come out ahead slightly. Mine is worth about half of what she owes so selling it would only delay things slightly. It's only been a consideration and hasn't made it to the table yet as an option but it has been talked about. Id be sad to do it but sometimes certain things are more important than others. I think I'd be more sad that we're having to sell a cars than actually selling the car itself, lol. Like I said, its only just been a thought.

Otherwise, nothing new. I feel as though my MR page has been more of a blog than a page about my car, lol.

I tried different LED's in my tail lights and i had the same issue where it is difficult to determine when you are braking vs parking lights.

Sucks about having to sell a car, but sometimes responsibilities take over and we gotta sacrifice some things. I too am planning on selling my car soon as well, not for a shortage on cash or anything more to just upgrade as the accord isnt really practical and is kind of immature (need 4 doors)

Hopefully you make it through and selling is just a thought!

kn0x47

Reaction score
I bought my led bulbs off eBay. Never had a problem and I'm pretty sure it's noticeable when I brake. I always buy led bulbs that have a chip number listed in the title

Mikey

Reaction score
I tried different LED's in my tail lights and i had the same issue where it is difficult to determine when you are braking vs parking lights.

Sucks about having to sell a car, but sometimes responsibilities take over and we gotta sacrifice some things. I too am planning on selling my car soon as well, not for a shortage on cash or anything more to just upgrade as the accord isnt really practical and is kind of immature (need 4 doors)

Hopefully you make it through and selling is just a thought!
Me too. My last car was a sedan and I rarely had people in it. That's why I got a coupe, lol. I'm still usually the only person in my car but I want a sedan. My GF's car is a sedan but it's a Corolla so it's smaller. I want something bigger. G8, Speed6, Camry, TL, etc. I have a list...lol. We're getting by but if worse comes to worse, we're not sure which car we'd sell. It'd make sense to sell hers since its worth more and will alleviate the extra cost but mines older and worth less, so...

I bought my led bulbs off eBay. Never had a problem and I'm pretty sure it's noticeable when I brake. I always buy led bulbs that have a chip number listed in the title
I figured DDM would be of some quality, lol. They're not bad bulbs. I keep checking them in glass reflections, at night, and day, and I think they're fine. I need to actually have someone drive it and see for myself.

Mikey

Reaction score
Swapped over the tails to LED, as stated previously. Drove behind it and I think they're okay. Still need to see how they are in the day time, otherwise Im keeping them. I'll still probably keep my eye out for something brighter/better.

Recently got a pair of COBs in for the map lights and I like them way better. Gonna order another pair for the doors, and maybe one for the trunk. Took pics but I'll have to upload them later. Nothing new otherwise. A local guy has a pretty sweet 1G Fit and he keeps bugging me to sell him the Si's. I told him to keep an eye out for CL-S wheels and then I will, lol.

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
Pics of the new LEDs...

12417763_10153514949051463_9113785564090182178_n.jpg

12717599_10153514949066463_7594165150679413111_n.jpg

WITH map lights...
12801226_10153514949046463_4735239327880232769_n.jpg

WITHOUT map lights..
12472417_10153514949156463_2989730209689341281_n.jpg

12933059_10153514949061463_521402175775795672_n.jpg

12439283_10153514949056463_5736252171517424026_n.jpg

12928270_10153514949151463_6857897351005017190_n.jpg

Doors, dome, and trunk are just regular LED boards but Id like to switch them over to COB. Ordering those in the next few days.

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Some hella crisp lights there, Mikey! 6000K-ish?

Didn't realize you have the taillight flash mod (like Mr. RR's). Well, that can't go wrong with your EUDM lenses. :thumbsup:

I miss my trunk cargo net.. It evaporated from my garage...

Mikey

Reaction score
The doors, dome, and trunk are probably about 6000k. The new COBs I got are a nice, crisp pure white. Probably in the 4500k range. Another reason I want to switch to those. The boards are bright but the color of the light is a little too blue/purple for my liking.

And I had to put in a relay for the LED turns, now I have the "light out" on the dash for the brakes/tails so Im about to go find that mod thread and cut whichever wire it is, lol.

Back