Anyone here dyed their seats (cloth)?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
ok cool, keep us updated

I will. I plan to do a DIY thread if it works.

So I didn't really had anything to test on so I did my headrest. I figure this is not only the easiest thing to replace if it doesn't work. Also, I really want it to work so can try again if it doesn't.

I atleast figured out how to make it look good:

Both
bothz.jpg

Stock
stocku.jpg

Dyed
donehu.jpg

GoldnKnight22

TWM:TLMF
Reaction score
Matt, you should've talked to Justin. He dyed his seats with a duplicolor upholstery spray, I believe. It looked nice and dark black. His driver's seat did fade, but he said it didn't bother him that bad, if I recall.

Yours looks good though, man. How does it feel? Did it make it "crunchy" at all?

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Matt, you should've talked to Justin. He dyed his seats with a duplicolor upholstery spray, I believe. It looked nice and dark black. His driver's seat did fade, but he said it didn't bother him that bad, if I recall.

Yours looks good though, man. How does it feel? Did it make it "crunchy" at all?

Mine feels like stock but I don't know if it is going to stick. I tested it too early but it didn't work as well as I hoped. I am basically going to just beat the **** out of it after a few day, if it holds up I will use this. If not, try something different.

I will look into the duplicolor stuff. I assume it probably isn't water based. Water based is just more likely to get more into the fabric better, or so I have read. I don't really mind it fading as much as it rubbing off on clothes. I don't want someone to sit in the back, for example, which happens a few times a year, and get the black to rub off.

hotaccord243

Reaction score
Just an FYI,

One thing to watch out for after you let it dry for a period of time is what happens if you get it wet (like if water or snow comes in your window or something) because it may hold up to the "beating" or regular friction of getting in and out of the car, but if you get it wet, it can smear all over the effin place and be a major b**** and a half.

I am just speaking from experience from a dye that i tried......

Caumeme09

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone here dyed their seats cloth

I have seen GTO seats and they are nice but I really want brandnew seats.
Ive seen some Recarro seats that are really nice plus there have to be others seat suppliers out there.
Surely someone here has aftermarket seats in their Camaro or Firebird.
Thanks
Jarhead

SykVSyx

Reaction score
I have used the upholestry spray paint on my other car....it's fine for a long time, but would need to be redone may once a year. It did have that "crunchy" feel to it that Kevin mentioned.

I'm sure there are better products out there that won't fade though, for the person willing to do the complete dye job.

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Off topic, but I wish I could find the Coupe headrests in that elephant grey leather that the sedan comes with.

At least for cloth owner's, you have a cheap alternative to modify your cloth interiors. :jealousbow:

Back