Down but never out

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Vimal, seems like a blessing in disguise.

Glad no one got hurt, and look forward to seeing the updates.

You've always been big on the details, so I have no doubt the new look will be on point.

juvin

Reaction score
Ouch I feel for your baby. It looks like she will be looking much better when you're done. Cant wait to see that bumper on. You stated it was OEM? Curious as to why you are cutting it

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
damn, tht's gonna look good.... how much are u spending to repaint the car? :skurred:

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Shoot me a message on FB Vimal, would like to discuss the CF painting...curious about your plans since you're using a 2-stage paint, that'll make things a bit more complicated. You'll either have to mix your own "candy" to make it a transparent color, or are you actually intending on lightly covering up the CF with the basecoat? :hmm:

KnightRyder

Reaction score
Brad, I'm not looking to "tint" the CF which would mean I'd have to use kandy colors, we are just layering the base coat on top of the CF to hide it mostly but not completely.

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Brad, I'm not looking to "tint" the CF which would mean I'd have to use kandy colors, we are just layering the base coat on top of the CF to hide it mostly but not completely.

Gotcha, I've seen it done before with silver...can certainly look nice. I thought you might try to make your own transparent mixture of the basecoat & clearcoat, it wouldn't be impossible but it sounds like you've got your mind made up. Keep up the good work bro. :)

Russianred

Snail Spools You!
Reaction score
Can't wait, I'll be following this thread Vimal! Sorry to hea about the accident, but things happen for a reason, and in this case it sounds like it will be even better than before, if that's even possible ;).

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
These custom jobs always look nice, looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Back