Tra.Xenon's '98 J30 Sedan

Tra.Xenon

Reaction score
So I've been thinking about turbos, and I looked up a couple kits on Ebay for the hell of it and came up with this. http://www.ebay.com/itm/98-02-HONDA-ACCORD-V6-J30A-STAINLESS-TURBO-KIT-24-PCS-/390270922977

My thought is pick up this, install it and run it at about 5psi for DD. I hear our OEM injectors can't handle much past 7psi anyway. Once it's all hooked up and going, slowly replace the components. Waste gate and BOV first, nice intercooler, manifold, turbo, etc, then do forged internals if I can find some, and run high boost down the road. I was just wondering what everyone's thoughts on this were. First, I don't want any "It's from Ebay, don't do it." Everything on Ebay comes from different sellers and manufacteurs. This comes from a speed shop. Given that this is a decent kit, with what looks to be decent parts, I should be able to run low boost until I replace the stuff. Thoughs?

Tra.Xenon

Reaction score
I have come up with an HKS BOV, Tial wastegate, Mishimoto intercooler, Godspeed turbo, KMS forged pistons, and a good tune.

Tra.Xenon

Reaction score
I'm thinking of ordering one of these strut bars.
https://www.getnrg.com/products/braces-and-bars/strut-tower-braces/tnb-402
It looks great. May even be functional. Lol

Also, a 12" Polk SVC DXi sub, Atrend sub enclosure, Kenwood 1000W amp, Fosgate 8G wiring kit.

I'm also looking at one of these intake heat shields. I know how quickly our aluminum SRIs and CAIs can become heat sinks, so I figure it isn't a bad idea.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002U55B2K/ref=ox_sc_act_title_4?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Ideas?

Brimstone Brown

Reaction score
I would try and find a solid strut bar like the neuspeed. There has been one on craigslist forever. Try searching in the bay. And as far as the turbo goes I know alot of Civic and integra guys that have done this with decent results it's just really hard to find someone that can tune it out here.

Last edited:

Tra.Xenon

Reaction score
I would try and find a solid strut bar like the neuspeed. There has been one on craigslist forever. Try searching in the bay. And as far as the turbo goes I know alot of Civic and integra guys that have done this with decent results it's just really hard to find someone that can tune it out here.

I'll have to look for that. It's just difficult trying to find support for this. I know DC makes one, but apparently it doesn't fit the V6. I'm still thinking about the turbo, given it's an automatic DD.

Reaction score
Ha that was my exact exterior parts list except they couldn't give me dr44's so I ended up with dr19's which I kinda regret getting.

Reaction score
And my performance list, still saving for my teins though.... And my parents wouldn't let me tamper the exhaust (California emissions)

Tra.Xenon

Reaction score
Ha that was my exact exterior parts list except they couldn't give me dr44's so I ended up with dr19's which I kinda regret getting.

Haha Its a pretty general list for now. Im probably going with Strs instead. Either those or Grids.

And my performance list, still saving for my teins though.... And my parents wouldn't let me tamper the exhaust (California emissions)

Instead, I'm going with F&F Type Ones. Cheaper and lower. Cali emissions blow. I'll fight the system on mine. Its totally not going to be legal.

Back