auto door locks

DarkElegance919

Reaction score
i have an 99 accord lx sedan bought used that came with an aftermarket alarm system. at first all the doors lock/unlock when i use the alarm remote or use the lock/unlock switch from inside. but now the two front doors lock/unlock fine...but the two rear doors only rarely lock/unlock so i gotta do it manually for the rears. is it the wires? this happen to anyone b4? thx

Quinchu

Reaction score
Does it make any noise when its locking/unlocking? It could be the motors going out if it does. Had it happen on my car already.

Last edited:

dynasty

Reaction score
hmm, i got the same problem but with my driver side lock only. i have to manually lock my doors which it automatically locks ALL my doors. i wonder why.

and_one

Reaction score
only my left side passenger works with my keyless oem security system...it sucks cuz i have to even unlock my car with the key still...so i dont kno why i still use it...i do think the motor is out for the other three...cuz i hear noises but doesnt go up and down...the door actuators is what you will need to buy tho...but they run like 40 a piece...too pricey for me right now

DarkElegance919

Reaction score
haha thx 4 the response guys...well i don't hear noises but i see them budge a lil trying to lock/unlock haha but the weird thing is when i park at the curb, the rear right side(curb side) usually works when unlock...weird

k3nnex

Reaction score
I got a aftermarket alarm, Chapman, and about 75% of the time, it will lock/unlock all 4 doors, even if I do it manually. I'm having trouble with driver door and rear passenger. It's on and off, stupid thing.... imagine if I forgot to check and someone got into my car.

DarkElegance919

Reaction score
same here...i always have to double check it i locked them or not. and it's annoying to have to reach back from the front to unlock the rear for passengers...i'm gonna go to the the junkyard and see if i can find actuators from some 6th gen accords. haha

Neight

Reaction score
my door lock broke as well, the same day someone "broke" into my car and stole a buncha stuff, those punks.

Back