What'd you do to your accord today?

Varnell

Reaction score
Working on changing out all my interior lights, the vanity lights came in today so I installed those. Waiting till it gets dark so I can compare brightness. I'm really happy with the color though, they are very white.

LED swaps are great. Went blue in my first accord and loved it. Then put white LEDs in my coupe. They look sharp and really help to modernize the car.

JV6

Reaction score
My coworker gave my old car a nice cleaning and last wash of the year, weather been great lately with some rain here and there. God I miss my old car, it even looks good with 80% of the mods removed from it

2vb61k1.jpg

Hello People

Reaction score
LED swaps are great. Went blue in my first accord and loved it. Then put white LEDs in my coupe. They look sharp and really help to modernize the car.
I think they look right at home, and they're stupidly bright.

Today I just did some interior detailing and cleaning, the tan interiors start to look grimy after a while.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1416781800037.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1416781800037.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 80

noelaorozco

Reaction score
Got my exhaust set up installed Friday.

2.25 inch pipping from the cat back to a magnaflow muffler.

Droning in the cabin like never before, not sure if I'll get use to it or if I should do something about it?

Loud & full of bass to shake house doors and set off car alarms without trying but none of that rice sounding sheet metal exhausts, bot sure how I feel about it.

DizzyP

Reaction score
Ordered blower fan on Amazon. Local shops wanted extra $50. Also has some bulbs go out on me so I changing up to LEDS.

iPhone using Tapatalk, sent from my.

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Got my exhaust set up installed Friday.

2.25 inch pipping from the cat back to a magnaflow muffler.

Droning in the cabin like never before, not sure if I'll get use to it or if I should do something about it?

Loud & full of bass to shake house doors and set off car alarms without trying but none of that rice sounding sheet metal exhausts, bot sure how I feel about it.

My V6 had the same issue. 2.5 from the cat to dual Magnaflows, I ended up putting a HUGE resonator in. It practically runs the entire length from the cat to where it splits for the duals. Now I'm very happy with it, no droning and just a little louder than stock.

noelaorozco

Reaction score
My V6 had the same issue. 2.5 from the cat to dual Magnaflows, I ended up putting a HUGE resonator in. It practically runs the entire length from the cat to where it splits for the duals. Now I'm very happy with it, no droning and just a little louder than stock.

Ima noob in the resonator part of it, if I add one will it reduced the drone and loudness of it? And how would I know how big of one to get?

spacemonkee23

Reaction score
Ima noob in the resonator part of it, if I add one will it reduced the drone and loudness of it? And how would I know how big of one to get?

Think of it as a "Pre-muffler" same concept. its basically a perforated tube with an outer layer of fiberglass (PIC below). Different lengths cancel out different exhaust frequencies. Mine is quite large to cancel out the drone around 2500 RPM on the highway. Yes, it will reduce the drone and loudness of the overall sound, mine still sounds great though.

Random image of a resonator cut in half from the interweb:
0WadWIc.jpg

Got this from another forum:
Mufflers 101.
Resonators: The body of a resonator is constructed in three layers: Two thin layers of metal with a thicker, slightly insulated layer between them. This allows the body of the muffler to absorb some of the pressure pulses. Also, the inlet and outlet pipes going into the main chamber are perforated with holes. This allows thousands of tiny pressure pulses to bounce around in the main chamber, canceling each other out to some extent in addition to being absorbed by the muffler's housing. Its dimensions are calculated so that the sound waves reflected by the resonator help cancel out certain frequencies of sound in the exhaust.
Regular Mufflers: Located inside the muffler is a set of tubes. These tubes are designed to create reflected waves that interfere with each other or cancel each other out. The exhaust gases and the sound waves enter through the center tube. They bounce off the back wall of the muffler and are reflected through a hole into the main body of the muffler. They pass through a set of holes into another chamber, where they turn and go out the last pipe and leave the muffler. But creates backpressure in doing so, good for torque, but not good for power. There is also a chamber called a resonator that is connected to the first chamber by a hole. The resonator contains a specific volume of air and has a specific length that is calculated to produce a wave that cancels out a certain frequency of sound. Yes a regular muffler has a portion of its area designed as a resonator.
Low Back Pressure - Glass Pack Mufflers: There are other types of mufflers that can reduce backpressure. One type, uses only absorption to reduce the sound. On a muffler like this, the exhaust goes straight through a pipe that is perforated with holes. Surrounding this pipe is a layer of glass insulation that absorbs some of the pressure pulses. A steel housing surrounds the insulation.
I had an old Capri that had a 'hot dog' resonator in the middle and a high flow muffler on the back, low revs was a real rumble, but in highway revs it was real quiet. (resonators work on specific sound waves which are affected by revs) Hope this helps.

Last edited:

noelaorozco

Reaction score
Think of it as a "Pre-muffler" same concept. its basically a perforated tube with an outer layer of fiberglass (PIC below). Different lengths cancel out different exhaust frequencies. Mine is quite large to cancel out the drone around 2500 RPM on the highway. Yes, it will reduce the drone and loudness of the overall sound, mine still sounds great though.

Random image of a resonator cut in half from the interweb:
0WadWIc.jpg

Got this from another forum:
Mufflers 101.
Resonators: The body of a resonator is constructed in three layers: Two thin layers of metal with a thicker, slightly insulated layer between them. This allows the body of the muffler to absorb some of the pressure pulses. Also, the inlet and outlet pipes going into the main chamber are perforated with holes. This allows thousands of tiny pressure pulses to bounce around in the main chamber, canceling each other out to some extent in addition to being absorbed by the muffler's housing. Its dimensions are calculated so that the sound waves reflected by the resonator help cancel out certain frequencies of sound in the exhaust.
Regular Mufflers: Located inside the muffler is a set of tubes. These tubes are designed to create reflected waves that interfere with each other or cancel each other out. The exhaust gases and the sound waves enter through the center tube. They bounce off the back wall of the muffler and are reflected through a hole into the main body of the muffler. They pass through a set of holes into another chamber, where they turn and go out the last pipe and leave the muffler. But creates backpressure in doing so, good for torque, but not good for power. There is also a chamber called a resonator that is connected to the first chamber by a hole. The resonator contains a specific volume of air and has a specific length that is calculated to produce a wave that cancels out a certain frequency of sound. Yes a regular muffler has a portion of its area designed as a resonator.
Low Back Pressure - Glass Pack Mufflers: There are other types of mufflers that can reduce backpressure. One type, uses only absorption to reduce the sound. On a muffler like this, the exhaust goes straight through a pipe that is perforated with holes. Surrounding this pipe is a layer of glass insulation that absorbs some of the pressure pulses. A steel housing surrounds the insulation.
I had an old Capri that had a 'hot dog' resonator in the middle and a high flow muffler on the back, low revs was a real rumble, but in highway revs it was real quiet. (resonators work on specific sound waves which are affected by revs) Hope this helps.

Very helpful man, thanks! After a few days of driving now, it's not too bad, just a little annoying on the freeway crusing steady between 65-80mph & 2.5-3k rpm sounds a little loud inside but I guess time will tell.

Back