Looking for a low-profile jack.

FunnyVictor86

Reaction score
^^ pic's of said jack

100_2547.jpg

100_2546.jpg

matty2013

Reaction score
So I ended up buying the 3 ton black torin jack from Walmart, so far works well, no issues getting under the car when its dropped. Hasn't lost pressure yet while the car has been jacked up (I tested it by jacking the car up, measuring a fixed point on the car, let it sit for half an hour and measuring the same spot again and it did not move)

pattywak

Reaction score
I finally got my Harbor Freight low pro jack for 79.99, and it's fantastic! Fits under my jack point with no problem and the jack point sits 3 inches above the ground. Lightweight also, so easy to transport. If you're looking for a jack, I recommend this one greatly:

http://www.harborfreight.com/3000-lb-capacity-lightweight-aluminum-racing-jack-91039.html

Sometimes it goes on sale for 69.99 or even 59.99, so keep a look out!

Only question I have: It says it's rated at 3000 lbs capacity, but I know my car weighs more than 3000 lbs. This won't be a problem because not all the weight is on the jack, correct? I rotated my tires and tweaked my suspension height a little and didn't have a single problem with the jack.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
I finally got my Harbor Freight low pro jack for 79.99, and it's fantastic! Fits under my jack point with no problem and the jack point sits 3 inches above the ground. Lightweight also, so easy to transport. If you're looking for a jack, I recommend this one greatly:

http://www.harborfreight.com/3000-lb-capacity-lightweight-aluminum-racing-jack-91039.html

Sometimes it goes on sale for 69.99 or even 59.99, so keep a look out!

Only question I have: It says it's rated at 3000 lbs capacity, but I know my car weighs more than 3000 lbs. This won't be a problem because not all the weight is on the jack, correct? I rotated my tires and tweaked my suspension height a little and didn't have a single problem with the jack.

Sweet find!! Good thing I have a Harbor Freight about 10 minutes from my house.

And yeah you'll be safe witht he ratings. Not all 3000 lbs is on the jack.

pattywak

Reaction score
Sweet find!! Good thing I have a Harbor Freight about 10 minutes from my house.

And yeah you'll be safe witht he ratings. Not all 3000 lbs is on the jack.

Yeah, I recommend this for everyone lowered more than your average Joe. :thumbup: And thanks! For peace of mind I make sure to always use jack stands when I work under the car. I'm just paranoid like that.

Back