Looking for a low-profile jack.

pattywak

Reaction score
Right now I just use a jack/jack stands combo that I got from Advance for like 30$. The jack stands work great but the jack is just a really crappy "Emergency Use Only" kinda thing. I'm looking for a full-sized low profile jack that I can use to lift up my car without first having to use the scissor jack to get it high enough to fit the jack under the car.

Let me know what you guys have / use / recommend.

pattywak

Reaction score
I have this one from harbor freight. It sometimes goes on sale for 59.99 or 79.99

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=91039

It still doesn't fit under my car. But that's nothing some 2x4's can't solve :).

Haha yes, I have used 2x4s to get my jack under my car, but I really want a full-size jack to make things a little easier. This is one I've been linked to once before and I know a friend who has it, so I will keep an eye on it to see if it goes on sale. Thanks for the link!

This is the jack with the lowest minimum height, but also one of the highest prices...
http://www.tooltopia.com/otctoolsot...m=cse&utm_term=OTC5200&utm_campaign=nextag_r1

The majority are around 3in minimum height or less.
This one is listed at having 1/4 higher minimum height, but it looks to be lower throughout the length of the jack than the harbor freight jack - easier to get up under more lowered cars?
http://www.northerntool.com/shop/tools/product_200345429_200345429

Thanks for the links guys, any other help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:

Erik123456789

Reaction score
mine looks like keychain's but its made by duralast, lifetime warranty ftw lol
got it from autozone

pattywak

Reaction score
How much did you get it for? And do you know the minimum height for it?

1NonlyAccord

Reaction score
I have that one from harbor freight.got it for 80$..it wont lift high enough to get jack stands under it,even on there lowest setting...so its only good for changing tires or something..

I have to use this to start and my 3 ton craftsman to do the rest.

Accord281

Reaction score
I wish I could find one too. Honestly, I think the easiest thing to do is to just drive up onto a phone book to get the clearance. I ended up destroying my scissor jack by using it one too many times. It ended up double threading. Car got stuck in the air. Good luck with the search though.

Atreidies

Reaction score
2 - 1 foot pieces of 2x6 pine with 2x4 nailed to one end. Put them in front of the tires, drive up on them for 4" of lift. Almost any jack will fit under then.

And HARBOR FREIGHT FTW!!!

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Harbor freight jack. Go look in a modified mag or caranddriver and you'll find a coupon for that jack for $60 in there all day. It's limited on height and its not that heavy but for simple stuff like suspension/wheel/oil changes, etc. It's perfect. Plus it's light as hell so you could almost just keep it in the car if you wanted to.

Back