Brad's 1998 CG3 2.3L 5MT (No 56K)

AllGOnoSHOW

Reaction score
Wow I just found this thread. Can't wait to see the outcome. Your car seems to be coming along beautifully. Props!

kn0x47

Reaction score
dang its still not done??? i thought all you were doing was just getting the exterior painted

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
dang its still not done??? i thought all you were doing was just getting the exterior painted

Yeah, at this point that's all that's being done. One person is doing all of the work himself and isn't cutting any corners. All the aftermarket pieces fit like OEM after many hours of fitting, everything in the engine bay has been removed, all glass and moldings have been removed, all dents/dings have been removed, spoiler holes on rear quarters have been welded shut, the FUBARed doors (the doors' previous owner had the lambo hinges & torched the welds off apparently, leaving gaping holes and lots of damage) have been repaired, the engine bay has been smoothed, wire harnesses have been tucked, custom foglights and reverse lights have been fitted, the carbon fiber roof overlay has been perfected, the fenders have been rolled to perfection, etc. etc. etc...

It should/could have been finished months ago, but there are always delays in the auto body business, and I'm not going to rush him when I'm demanding perfection. It's nearly there, the spraying should take place within a week or two...can't wait.

MoneyPit

Reaction score
the FUBARed doors (the doors' previous owner had the lambo hinges & torched the welds off apparently, leaving gaping holes and lots of damage)

wtheck? are those the ones you traded last year? SKETCHY

Can't wait to see the car when it's done

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
wtheck? are those the ones you traded last year? SKETCHY

Can't wait to see the car when it's done

Yes, they're the ones I traded for to "save money" by not having to shave my own doors. It turns out the door handle area had to be re-welded again anyways, the door wiring had to be replaced, and other areas of the doors (mainly the hinge areas) were just in horrible condition. I would have been much better off using my original doors and having the door handles shaved from scratch. Lesson learned.

hondaspeedx

Reaction score
Great job Brad, I know perfection takes time and can be a PITA, but I know you, and the rest of the forum will see the reward for being patient! I can't wait!

kn0x47

Reaction score
dang..... nice. can't wait to see it.

Yeah, at this point that's all that's being done. One person is doing all of the work himself and isn't cutting any corners. All the aftermarket pieces fit like OEM after many hours of fitting, everything in the engine bay has been removed, all glass and moldings have been removed, all dents/dings have been removed, spoiler holes on rear quarters have been welded shut, the FUBARed doors (the doors' previous owner had the lambo hinges & torched the welds off apparently, leaving gaping holes and lots of damage) have been repaired, the engine bay has been smoothed, wire harnesses have been tucked, custom foglights and reverse lights have been fitted, the carbon fiber roof overlay has been perfected, the fenders have been rolled to perfection, etc. etc. etc...

It should/could have been finished months ago, but there are always delays in the auto body business, and I'm not going to rush him when I'm demanding perfection. It's nearly there, the spraying should take place within a week or two...can't wait.

Back