Retrofit Club

ryon527

Reaction score
ryan s said:
ryan, if youre worried about the light leaking, just go to the hardware store and get some aluminum tape. it comes in a 2" wide roll, and youd just need to run one strip on the bottom. its surprisingly sticky, and since your shroud covers everything, you wont see the shinyness of the tape :thumbsup:

thats a good idea. I have basically the same stuff for heating elements at work. I'll use some of that foil tape.

angelplus

Reaction score
ryon527 said:
thats a good idea. I have basically the same stuff for heating elements at work. I'll use some of that foil tape.

Yeah that would be perfect. Plus it'll be nice having it modded becuase you'll get all those sweet nasty colors that everyone wish that they had :beer:

angelplus

Reaction score
Hey I've seen a couple of new setups running around the community, and would like to know the names of them ;) If anyone has a new setup, please sign up! I'll be starting something cool here within a month!

accordtl99

Reaction score
Is This Considered Retro??

506177_11_full.jpg

506177_10_full.jpg

Custom HID headlamps utilizing Porsche projectors, amber fog lamps are built into headlights and headlight color changes from hid white to amber

angelplus

Reaction score
If it has real porsche projectors that were retrofitted into that housing, then yes. But yet it does look like they're just TYCs, but I think that I see the cutoff shield in the projector, so it looks like a true setup.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
Anybody have any new setups?? If buy goes threw good...i will be proud owner of some FX projectors with clear lens

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
^^im about 50% done with mine. itll be finished in may when im done with school...thats a long time away though :(

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
^^I saw on hidplanet you were trying to sell some 300zx lenses..do you have anymore..i found some FX projectors for 100 with no lense and i was going to buy 300 or TSX lenses for them...give me a shout... :D

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i do have some 300zx lenses left, but im not sure how the fx would look with them. if anything, the spacer would have to be thinner vs tsx...and iirc the z lenses are too big for the fx lens holders, but im not 100% on that...

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
What does the zx lense fit on then?? RX330 like you have or like??

from what i saw on hidplanet it looks liked the 300zx, TSX, and S2000 all fit the FX projector..

How much would a TSX lense cost if i can find one?? I think i might go on and get the FX projectors with no lense...100 shipped seems like a great price...then maybe i can find some TSX for a good price..

ORRR i could just buy the FX with stock clear lense...i don't know i just want something new and something to spend my tax returns on haha

This is with 300 i believe
Picture029.jpg

Picture004.jpg

Then with TSX
IMG_3120.jpg

[
fx2.jpg

Here is a retro on an accord with FX and clear lense....I just don't like how it doesn't flow....maybe something was wrong with them..i just don't like the middle.

DSC00598.jpg

Last edited:
Back