Retrofit Club

angelplus

Reaction score
ryan s said:
tl's ARE too big for the 6th gen housing. if you want to cut the bottom of the housing for the solenoid...remember there is stuff under the light itself. dunno what kind of sealing options are there with such little space. tl's go for 220-260 and zkw lenses (if you can find them) go for ~280...

eric, fyi...i remember you wanted more color in your cutoff...you would pretty much need a clear lense like tsx to make any color with them since the fx is very yellow :(

Bjorn tends to differ on that lol I'm going to talk to him about it, but last time that i talked to him he said that it wouldn't be a problem other then some other objects in the way.

00Accord4cyl said:
Yeah i talked to Rich a few days ago...he said they almost always have FX projectors...but i found some on ebay and got those friday...

Your going to put TL in 6thgen?? I thought they were too big?? They look awesome though..i will keep my lookout though...I saw cutoff pictures of the TL with those lenses on hidplanet and it was insane

Yeah, like I said above, I'm going to talk to Bjorn again and let him know the status so he can give me the low down. Yeah, those lenses are phat lol

And basically any projector from Infiniti will have a little hint of yellow. I cant stand it on my dads M35x, it dirves me crazy becuase theres only a little bit, but when he had his FX35, I just didn't even want to be in that car lol since it was so damn yellow

Last edited:

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
^^Your like 2 weeks late..i just sold mine...had them up for sale here, but nobody seemed interested..not too mention accord owners do a great job at low balling people

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
00Accord4cyl said:
not too mention accord owners do a great job at low balling people
not as bad as dsm owners...my buddy makes boost controllers and sells em for $35. some dude posted a WTB thread saying he wanted some kind of boost controller but wasnt going to spend more than $15 :rolleyes:

angelplus

Reaction score
ryan s said:
not as bad as dsm owners...my buddy makes boost controllers and sells em for $35. some dude posted a WTB thread saying he wanted some kind of boost controller but wasnt going to spend more than $15 :rolleyes:

LOL :rofl:

If you're looking for a custom setup then go to www.customlightz.com If you plan on doing your own retrofit, head over to www.hidplanet.com/forums

angelplus

Reaction score
00Accord4cyl said:
Haha I had some people offer me <90..i was pissed when i got pms like that...

Yeah, I'd flip out on them. lol :thumbsup:

Hey what I'm thinking is.. you should plan on comming to the meet ;) makin the trip up with a bunch of guys that you have down there. Stay a weekend and drive home :thumbsup:

hancockd

SLO CG2
Reaction score
anyone know the "optimal" positioning of your headlights with hids in? like the distance from a wall in relation to the vertical height of the beam?

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
needpics.gif

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
25ft from the wall on a flat surface. the "step" of the beam should be directly in front of the headlight, with a drop of 2.1" below the centerline of the headlight. this is for a retro of course...with a hid kit, just keep aiming it down lol :)

Back