question about fuel injector cleaners and seafoam

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
Well i have 2 different questions.

1. Car shops that say they have fuel injector cleaner service, do they just run seafoam through your car, or what other things do that do to clean out your fuel injectors.

2. also i noticed that seafoam and those fuel injector cleaners that u buy at auto stores or walmart is mostly composed of acetone, which is used as a solvent/detergent to clean out the carbon build in our cars. also gas stations such as cheveron, shell and etc have acetone in their gasoline, cheveron has techron and shell has V-power and etc. which is just their fancy word for acetone and other carbon cleaning detergents mixed into their gasoline. but anyways today i saw in walmart that you can buy like a 1 gallon tub or something that size(i forgot), for only 5 bucks. would it be better just to buy that 1 gallon of acetone and dump that into your tank rather than buy those fuel injector cleaners or seafoam which are only about 12 fluid ounzes which cost around 5-10 bucks.

Accord_4_life

Reaction score
I work at a GM dealership (I know, I know and Im the only one who drives a Honda too) and I have seen other mechanics use some kinda of fuel injector cleaner. Mostlly on trucks, but I seen it on cars too. I have no clue what is in it, but I know its mixed. They plug it right into your injector line and run it though until all the mix is gone and the engine chokes out. I will try to find out what is mixed in it tomorrow.

honda_dude

Reaction score
^^^^ so they do it like how ppl hav done seafoam??

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
thats wat it seems like cuz i want to know what they do before i take my car for one of those fuel injector clean services.

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
yea ive seafoamed my car 3 times already, but iwas wondering what those car shops do to clean out the fuel injectors. and also could u substitute acetone for seafoam when seafoaming your car.

johnnydinh701

Reaction score
i dont mean put in a gallon, i jsut mean like put in about 12 or so fluid ounces everytime u fuel up.

honda_dude

Reaction score
in the first place...y would u put a gallon of seafoam in?? ur only suppose to put 1/3 of the can

Back