Okay so I have 13% tint, thank you officer

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
I hate being back in Williamsburg. I get back here at like 9pm Saturday night and get stuck behind some old person going 38 in a 45, and I'm like "yeah, this is Williamsburg".

The next morning I'm riding around with my parents, and I see a cop one car behind me at a stoplight. I had already been in a conversation with my mom about how I got pulled over the last time I was home, and I say to her sarcastically "well watch this cop behind me pull me over for something".

Green light. I accelerate to like 10 mph. Cue cop lights.

"Is he actually pulling you over? What in the world is he pulling you over for?"

Yeah, I wish I was bull****ting everyone, but unfortunately $81 says I'm not.

45 minutes later, the official word on my tint is 13%, so if anyone was curious, the car apparently had 7% tint from the factory (I paid for 20% tint).

I've been riding around Blacksburg for 7 months with the tint, without so much as a second look from a cop. My first full day back in Williamsburg with it and I get a ticket. Lmfao

Sketch o5

Señor Greengo
Reaction score
thats beat. kinda how it is around my town. i avoid route 22 at night cuz the township cops ALWAYS are on it, and i ALWAYS get pulled over for something dumb. between like 12am and 3am on 22 ill always see like 2-5 township cops all over the place, on their like 5-10 mile stretch of road.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
Wildman said:
45 minutes later, the official word on my tint is 13%, so if anyone was curious, the car apparently had 7% tint from the factory (I paid for 20% tint).
i was curious about this. on window stickers on new cars, they always say "tinted windows" but theyre not dark. whats the state-allowed % in va? i ask because every chart i see with states on it is different. the one posted here says wi is 35% but another one says its 50% (i might have em flipflopped). i cant figure out which one is right :mad:

cdubb77

Reaction score
Sux man. They'll probably get me for my tint sometime this week now after what happened with you and Eric. :rolleyes:

black4dr

Reaction score
ryan s said:
i was curious about this. on window stickers on new cars, they always say "tinted windows" but theyre not dark. whats the state-allowed % in va? i ask because every chart i see with states on it is different. the one posted here says wi is 35% but another one says its 50% (i might have em flipflopped). i cant figure out which one is right :mad:

In wisconsin im am pretty sure its 35% for the back windows and 50% for the front two...but i may be wrong but i got 15 all around hopefully the same dont happen to me...but man that sucks that cops have nothing better to do than pull someone over for TINT

angelplus

Reaction score
Yeah, that does really suck. I haven't heard of many people getting pulled over over tint in my city so I'm debating on actually getting it put on.

theaccordian

Reaction score
funny they never pull over benz's with limo tint or a soccer mom's mini van with dark tint.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
ryan s said:

50% on the front two windows, 35% on the seconds set of windows. If you have an SUV / Minivan etc, past the first 2 rows of seats you can have down to 5% I believe (meaning you can have your cargo area pretty damn dark, but not spots where there are passengers).

In VA if you get a note from an optometrist or optomologist you can get 35% on your front 2 windows but that's only if you have a slip saying its "for medical reasons"

Back