What'd you do to your accord today?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
^wow.

Washed it, and since one of my turn signal bulbs died I bought a pair of switchbacks to try something different.

Last edited:

Mikey

Reaction score
To your first question. Yes its worth it and I busted an oil pan and keep moving thank goodness for these reliable Honda's.

Second, I never regret I am about this life, the moment I bought these coils I knew what my goal was to do lol. SLAM IT. I dont worry about dips and such things. The frame is protecting everything for me and tire wear is no more than what you have.
But if you hadn't broken that oil pan you'd be up $xxx. And everything from here on out. Your car already costs money to maintain. Slamming it only puts more wear, pressure, and damage on things. More things will break and more often.

I'm not saying you're wrong or stupid for doing it. It's your car and you're allowed to do what you want. I think it looks great. I just have trouble crossing that threshold.

I regret driving a slammed car. However, I did it cuz I just went with the flow. Function > Form. Lowered Accords do look nice but they come with a price to pay. Are you ready to pay? lol

I do like the cars that come lowered from factory. Functional and still fun to drive. The R&D engineers made sure the ride is still practical enough while having less or no wheel gap.

Cars are meant to be driven, not to slow down at random stuff. I guess at one stage it looked cool but I think I am over it. That's my opinion though :)
I'm not ready to pay and IDK that I ever will be, lol. Companies that loser cars from the factory do so with performance in mind or because said car is a tried-and-true performance machine.

I still think it looks cool. I probably always will. I just don't know if it'll ever be for me.

I don't think slammage is really for function, it really doesn't make the car do anything better (drag coefficient...no :lawl:). Better handling results from lowering the car on stiffer suspension, but not slamming it. Seems to me the main reason people slam is for looks, because it usually does look good. And I think this holds water because a lot of 6GA owners who don't go to big lengths to make their car faster acknowledge the fact these cars are slow, and just decide to at least make it look good.

That said, slamming is purely a motive for form. It can look good if done right, but that's about it. My opinion.
That's I feel. If you can't make it fast, make it look good. Low looks good but I think fads and the car communities have taken it to a new....low. :lawl:

Had to put my oem springs back on. :furious:

IMG_0017-2.jpg

Why? Because of this!!! Tanabe NF210

IMG_0008-2.jpg

IMG_0014-1.jpg
On my topic of being low, I think your car looked great when dropped. It was low but you weren't tucking tire.

Shadow1

Reaction score
Dude. We all know being slammed makes life a little more difficult. To me. Being that low. Makes you keep your eyes on the road and makes you more aware of your surroundings.

LeAccord

Reaction score
Hmmm .. Mikey, why don't you try out some lowering springs first ? I'm sure you would've thought about it .. With the mild drop of about 1.5-2 inches they give, that gives about 1-2 finger gap all around on my car.. Drive around and see how you cope with that height with the roads you typically drive on . If your car can deal with being mildly dropped without scraping your bumper too much, make you slow down to a crawl over speed humps or driveways then I guess you would feel more comfortable going for a little extra drop on coilovers later on .. But this time around now you would be prepared with the senses of how low you are and are able to be wary of how you drive and what changes needs to be done to get over .. Or around certain obstacles :)

Mikey

Reaction score
Hmmm .. Mikey, why don't you try out some lowering springs first ? I'm sure you would've thought about it .. With the mild drop of about 1.5-2 inches they give, that gives about 1-2 finger gap all around on my car.. Drive around and see how you cope with that height with the roads you typically drive on . If your car can deal with being mildly dropped without scraping your bumper too much, make you slow down to a crawl over speed humps or driveways then I guess you would feel more comfortable going for a little extra drop on coilovers later on .. But this time around now you would be prepared with the senses of how low you are and are able to be wary of how you drive and what changes needs to be done to get over .. Or around certain obstacles :)
That's my plan. RedRyder and a few others are looking into a GC/Koni combination that will give a subtle, sporty drop.

I haven't seen every setup on the board but this is what I'd call the perfect height....

thornsig.jpg

LeAccord

Reaction score
That's my plan. RedRyder and a few others are looking into a GC/Koni combination that will give a subtle, sporty drop.

I haven't seen every setup on the board but this is what I'd call the perfect height....

thornsig.jpg

Sounds good :thumbsup:

That height is very similar to mine on eibach pro kit springs .. except his front is lower and he has a lip kit that makes it look even lower.
2rgi3xw.jpg

SykVSyx

Reaction score
@Torn, feel free to join the group considering the GC's/Koni's....cause.....DANG!

@Mikey, everyone has their limits, I want to lower my car, but not to the point of being concerned about the oil pan. I know where I drive, and I also know how to make concessions to avoid issues. If you can find a ride height that YOU are comfortable with, then go with that. You're the one stuck with the repairs if something happens.

Yesterday, parked the wife's TL and began the quest for an SUV. So far,

1. Hyundai Sante Fe - 1
2. Kia Sorento - 0

Next up, Ford Escape and Acura MDX.

Stay tuned.

Back