Choices choices...

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
not sure if there is a "wish list" or "planning for..." thread but i decided that this was the best i could find... will relocate if necessary but here i go...

okay guys, im planning to pick up a project car in the distant future being a year or more (funds permitting)...
the plan is to be an FR layout (Front Engine, Rear Wheel Drive for nubzzz). the goal is to find an equilibrium of power and handling for a fun weekend/track car... perferrably fuel efficient (at first) as well as plentiful on power...

first options that come to mind are...

RX-7 & RX-8 (respectively)
S2000
Z4

i dont want to necessarily have a V-8 nor do i want a car the size of me laying down arms and legs spread out. (kinda like a z4)

im obviously looking to drop around 8-15k for a good base... however this is planning for the long haul as money is gathered, for those wishing to have some $0.02 put in please speak now or forever leave thy unecessary comments else where, thank you

p.s. i do plan to keep my Accord unless i sell to my lil bro for him as a starter car in which i will intrust him with all knowing knowledge of this site as well as all that you guys have taught me ^_^... end of p.s.

KO iNfAmOuS

Reaction score
OBVIOUSLY S2K lol

BMW= expensive parts and still N/A so no real difference with S2K

Poor Fuel Efficiency x Rotary = exponentially bad idea as gas prices rise lol

S2K= you obviously understand the quality of Honda's vehicles and parts are decently priced. DO ITTTTT and they look soooo nice when done right :boink:

20-CG5-01

KanomNom
Reaction score
Just for a run track car without having to worry about having kids in the passenger I'd say go for the s2000, miatas, 2ed gen mr2, integra type R, evo 7-10, sti, or the later model m3. They should be all fun track cars/daily cars. But it's just the theft of the car that makes everyone a bit on the edge.

Edit: though some cars I listed are not fr. They should still be fun to own and make a project out of it.

Last edited:

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
well i want the FR platform for one simple reason... i had an s13 as my first car and i miss the feel of it as i accelerate through corners as well as the simplicity of having everything uniformly shaped in the engine bay...
S2K looks to be my best shot... at 19 un married w/o a girfriend or a want for kids... i think ill have plenty of fun...

btw if i do an s2k i want this... http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/M...duct_Code=69000-AP1-000&Category_Code=HARDTOP
as one of my upgrades :boink:

EDIT: also... almost forgot... i still have an 89 toyota Supra with the 7MGTE engine... automatic... but easily fixable if my dad will let me have it... apparently our insurance says i got to be atleast 25 before it wont eat me alive to insure. oh well hopefully she'll be around till the :D

Last edited:

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Definitely no to the RX-8. S2k or Miata MX-5 are good choices. Or a Subie unless you're set on RWD. I personally love the 300zx.

Or finance an NSX. Oh wait...worst idea ever.

Last edited:

Nissan2anAccord

Reaction score
Definitely no to the RX-8. S2k or Miata MX-5 are good choices. Or a Subie unless you're set on RWD.

Or finance an NSX. Oh wait...worst idea ever.

i have a buddy whos dead set on an RX-8... not a big fan of the shape or the track record it has for it... and id feel kinda wierd if i got one anyway... the only mazda's ill have are the Mazda 3 Hatchback (before the redesign) and an RX-7 (FC and FD models are both liked here)

and yes im dead set on the FR set up, theres just something to the way it acts thats like i can ignore the feel... i just enjoy it to its most... and seeings how this is to be a fun car/ track car... i might as well get what i like right?

besides my first car was an S13 (American) 240SX SE and did i have fun with her, i have a good feeling if i dont get another S13, it'll be either a S14, or 15

sabSquishy

Reaction score
I like how that link to the hardtop literally says "NOTE: You can also get the attention of hot girls like Lisa Fleming! Demonstrated by Justin's S2000." Great marketing.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
i have a buddy whos dead set on an RX-8... not a big fan of the shape or the track record it has for it... and id feel kinda wierd if i got one anyway... the only mazda's ill have are the Mazda 3 Hatchback (before the redesign) and an RX-7 (FC and FD models are both liked here)

and yes im dead set on the FR set up, theres just something to the way it acts thats like i can ignore the feel... i just enjoy it to its most... and seeings how this is to be a fun car/ track car... i might as well get what i like right?

besides my first car was an S13 (American) 240SX SE and did i have fun with her, i have a good feeling if i dont get another S13, it'll be either a S14, or 15

I love the way the RX-7 looks. The 8 is poo.

I always liked the 300zx too. But yea if you're going to spend the money for a extra car, you've got to be passionate about it. But your budget should be more than enough to allow that.

Last edited:
Back