Say I were to get subs. . .

Nismode

Reaction score
Trust me if you want subs, get an aftermarket deck or you won't be too satisfied... Hardest part for me when I installed my system was getting through the firewall. Just make sure you run the power cable down the drivers side of the car and the RCA's down the passenger side

Is this for interference reasons?

DXaccorD

Reaction score
Trust me if you want subs, get an aftermarket deck or you won't be too satisfied... Hardest part for me when I installed my system was getting through the firewall. Just make sure you run the power cable down the drivers side of the car and the RCA's down the passenger side

I have my power cable on passenger side just fine with rca's on driver side....

also, restating what cirsurvive711 said, get an aftermarket deck first. Its like getting a drop before rims. It will make all the difference. Plus, there not too expensive and fairly easy to install. Or you could have bestbuy do it for you lol.... but gl with your decision.

beardohio

Reaction score
Where does all the wiring go (i'm sorry I literally have zero experience with audio wiring ). My dad is decently good with stuff though so me and him would be able to get it to my trunk without doing much, right?

Last edited:

98ExAccordwv

I'm Old
Reaction score
You'll want to hide the wiring. You can pull up the door sills and slip it down behind the carpet and then feed it up through the back seat. If you're not getting an aftermarket H/U you the only wire you'll have to run to the front of the car is the power cable. The rest will be in the trunk.

beardohio

Reaction score
I'm getting these subs for like $0, so I'm probably going to make do with what I have (stock headunit) and spend as little as possible (as in only that RCA converter and other cables, plus the amp and box).

It's not like I want some crazy system that bumps, I know that having 2 12"s is going to better than my stock now, so hey, why not? :driving:

talontsiawd

Reaction score
Like everyone said, really consider a new headunit. IMO, consider new everything, the only stock component my system has is the factory power and ground for the HU.

beardohio

Reaction score
Like everyone said, really consider a new headunit. IMO, consider new everything, the only stock component my system has is the factory power and ground for the HU.

When I get the subs, I think i'm gonna use at least money as possible to get the project "off the ground", then maybe as the year goes on and I get more money I'll look into headunits and what-not, but I really doubt I'll have this car in college, it'll go to my brother, so I'm just going to keep the subs with me for a car I get for myself.

Thank you for the opinions though, everyone!

Back