Say I were to get subs. . .

dynasty

Reaction score
How does the amp know when to turn on or off then if there is no signal from the stock HU? Sounds like a HU would solve alot of problems hahah any used ones for sale?

you just need a trigger to turn it off. you could use a switch (i wouldn't use this because i could forget to turn it off) OR you can tap into your ignition or cigerette lighter wire so everytime you start your car, it will turn on also. but what mr. wildman said that is, it will cause a loud thump everytime you turn off your car or turn off your stereo. just a simple "BOOM". so what i would do is everytime i get out of the car, i would turn down the volume and turn off the engine.

beardohio

Reaction score
Not gonna lie that sounds like a pain . . . Haha I guess I'll start cruising craigslist for headunits . . .

dynasty

Reaction score
Not gonna lie that sounds like a pain . . . Haha I guess I'll start cruising craigslist for headunits . . .

either way, you will wire it at the same way. because the location from the HU and the cigerette lighter isn't that far apart.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
If you wire your remote power wire to the ignition source (which is what you should do if you use your stock amp), just don't turn the stereo off with the volume up while the car is running. it can be very unpleasant lol

beardohio

Reaction score
If you wire your remote power wire to the ignition source (which is what you should do if you use your stock amp), just don't turn the stereo off with the volume up while the car is running. it can be very unpleasant lol

I usually turn my volume down to like 1 or 2 bars then turn it off, then turn my car off. . . .

beardohio

Reaction score
Two 12" Profile BAJA subs are in my posession.
-Polypropylene Cone
-30oz. Ferrite Magnet
-Rubber Surround
-2" Kapton Voice Coil
-Each handle 250 watts

:rock:

brettg4215

Reaction score
just go get 2 sony explods from walmart.
like $70 a piece and they are decent.
you could also just get an sony amp from there too.

beardohio

Reaction score
I'm not getting new 6x9s . . . And I already have the subs, so are you talking about a Sony Xplod headunit?

g12eyskiiz

Reaction score
i have 2 12in 1200watt kenwoods in a close set box with a 800 watt performance technique mounted on the back, the whole sh*& is mounted in the trunk in the back with no back seats serving as the back seats. with an 8awg throughout the car clean. shudva been a 4, when i get it 2gether. i have pair 12in 1800watt dual coil voice insignia.. i know =.=;;. but they hitt harder than f*&^. fareal, just get a grill one is punched but its all good, a box is whats gon be cost. dont believe that xplod aint S*&&^. cus they doin a deal 1200watt sony xplod mono sub amp for 90 at pepboys, either way that bumps. ill push ma insignia for 70. a box is costy maybe 50-100 i got mine used 20 =D

soo.. u shud get
4awg.. rockfordgate does amp kit. 100 dude =_=
or 8awg rockfordgate complete amp kit, which u shud get.. cus then u can get 4 later
for around 60 70. depends.
a box, my subs or sumone elses. doesnt matter.
and an amp. you str8 unless u want speakers and all that
and your alternator needs to be STRAIGHT

=D otherwise shell die.

Back