*Pics update Need to decide what sub to go with

maddmatt02

Reaction score
Re: Need to decide what sub to go with

my last system I just amped a set of comps up front and ditched my rears and Im gonna start doing that with every system I build from here on out...

back in high school I had a 12 in a 3.5 ft^2 box tuned to ??? (was one of my first boxes but I had two pretty long 3" ABS ports) but it got loud and hit pretty low. I havent really been building my boxes that big since, mostly to save space. and so far I dont think Ive gotten the output out of a single sub since.

so if you arent going to have much airspace devoted to the box, maybe look at going with a 12...

box I got in our 6th gen now fits pretty tight and Im not sure a 15 would even fit on the face of the box, how do you have yours positioned?

dustint209

Reaction score

my last system I just amped a set of comps up front and ditched my rears and Im gonna start doing that with every system I build from here on out...

back in high school I had a 12 in a 3.5 ft^2 box tuned to ??? (was one of my first boxes but I had two pretty long 3" ABS ports) but it got loud and hit pretty low. I havent really been building my boxes that big since, mostly to save space. and so far I dont think Ive gotten the output out of a single sub since.

so if you arent going to have much airspace devoted to the box, maybe look at going with a 12...

box I got in our 6th gen now fits pretty tight and Im not sure a 15 would even fit on the face of the box, how do you have yours positioned?

Well I just went from 12" to 15" and i dont wanna go back. The box i have now is almost 3 cu ft. I'm sure i could build another with an addition ft of airspace. Here is a link to my build thread. Sub is pionted towards back and back of the box is against back seat.

http://www.6thgenaccord.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32399

maddmatt02

Reaction score

huh, I remember looking over that a while back.

also, I know you said you dont wanna go back to the 12, but if you dont want to lose another cubic feet of airspace a 12 in a correct size box will outperform a 15 in an undersized box.

also, reading about your pyle x-over (if you are still running it), dont go overboard with that bass boost.

I also didnt read the whole thing again and dont remember from before. is your box 3ft^2 after the sub/port/bracing displacement or before?

dustint209

Reaction score

huh, I remember looking over that a while back.

also, I know you said you dont wanna go back to the 12, but if you dont want to lose another cubic feet of airspace a 12 in a correct size box will outperform a 15 in an undersized box.

also, reading about your pyle x-over (if you are still running it), dont go overboard with that bass boost.

I also didnt read the whole thing again and dont remember from before. is your box 3ft^2 after the sub/port/bracing displacement or before?

I will build another box but it will probably be a little while after getting the new sub. I plan to make it bigger for sure. I would have built this box bigger but i did what rockford fosgate suggseted. My box is about 2.7 after brace and sub displacement. RF P1 calls for 2.66 after displacement.

eggyhustles

Reaction score

what about those tang band subs?

.3 per cube so 6 in 2 cubes would be nice

or 9 in 3 cubes

dustint209

Reaction score

what about those tang band subs?

.3 per cube so 6 in 2 cubes would be nice

or 9 in 3 cubes

I was talking about putting the 6.5 tang bands in the door eventually but i'm not sure with the mounting depth. That would be a really cool setup but at $61 a piece thats 366 for 6 and 549 for 9. It would be cool though.

eggyhustles

Reaction score

Door for what? as midbass?

Price would be steep but it'll be unique as hell

dustint209

Reaction score

Door for what? as midbass?

Price would be steep but it'll be unique as hell

yep, I think they would be killer door speakers but i would have to step it up and get an amp for them for sure.

2000accord89

Reaction score

yooo i say get alpine type x....i got a single 12 inch type x...that sub makes ma whole car shake...

Back