Re: Need to decide what sub to go with

2.8 is way too small for your average 15 ported

That's more suited for a 12

dustint209

Reaction score

2.8 is way too small for your average 15 ported

That's more suited for a 12

Then why would RF website say to use 2.66 for my P1? I always thought it was a good idea to go by the manufacture's specs? I wouldn't mind building another box if I had to though. The last one cost me about $50 and a couple weeks. Yesterday i added 6 inches to the port length and i gained alot more low end response. If i had a bigger box i would probly have a broader response curve but it'll work till my next upgrade.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score

-------------------------------------
"SQL is a term used in car audio, a
subjective interpretation between SQ
and SPL.

SQ = sound quality
SPL = sound pressure level

SQL = combination of both with a
small sacrifice in SQ and SPL.
"I want to build a SQL sound system for
my car, i.e., I don't want high sound
quality and I don't want high sound
pressure level, I want something in
between."
----------------------------------------

It may not be a "real term" but you understood what I was implying right? And why not go ported? Would i lose sound quality?

i had 2 memphis 12s in my car and it was tto much bass not enough sound so i changed over to my 2 dimond 12 .. and love then alsome quality sound... dimonds are my choice had p2 had audiobahn and had some cheap boss...nothin compaird to my dimonds

dustint209

Reaction score

i had 2 memphis 12s in my car and it was tto much bass not enough sound so i changed over to my 2 dimond 12 .. and love then alsome quality sound... dimonds are my choice had p2 had audiobahn and had some cheap boss...nothin compaird to my dimonds

I've read a lot of good reviews on diamond. I could understand why they would sound better than audiobahn for sure. Thanks for your input. I will take it in to consideration.

mkdb89-02se

Reaction score

no problem...i need to upgrade the interior sound... got some infinaty 6x9 and 6.5s... ran by reciever so need to get a 4 channal amp for rear tweets and 6x9...its a must...all tho probly gunna take rear tweets out...tha highs get a lil to high lol

dustint209

Reaction score

no problem...i need to upgrade the interior sound... got some infinaty 6x9 and 6.5s... ran by reciever so need to get a 4 channal amp for rear tweets and 6x9...its a must...all tho probly gunna take rear tweets out...tha highs get a lil to high lol

I'm in the same boat. Got some 6.5 powerbass in front doors and 3.5 clarion in rear doors hooked up to a deck. I was planning on getting an amp to power them until I did some sound dampening on the doors. That made all the difference I needed. I still wanna try out some tang bands in the door though. They look so beefy. A 6.5 speaker with 13mm xmax!!
http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=264-832

So you have 6x9's in your rear deck with bump in your trunk? You ever took the rears out and noticed the extra bass from the sub? I took my rear deck speakers out and they are never goin back in.

eggyhustles

Reaction score

Then why would RF website say to use 2.66 for my P1? I always thought it was a good idea to go by the manufacture's specs? I wouldn't mind building another box if I had to though. The last one cost me about $50 and a couple weeks. Yesterday i added 6 inches to the port length and i gained alot more low end response. If i had a bigger box i would probly have a broader response curve but it'll work till my next upgrade.

That's for the p1

all subs need diff sized boxes

4 cubes for a 15 is a ballpark figure

sounds like mad fail son

eggyhustles

Reaction score

Reading what you currently have, i bet it's more midbass you need instead of another sub.

No offense, but you have crap amps, a crappy headunit, and some crappy speakers.

Start from the front and move your way back.

dustint209

Reaction score

Reading what you currently have, i bet it's more midbass you need instead of another sub.

No offense, but you have crap amps, a crappy headunit, and some crappy speakers.

Start from the front and move your way back.

Although my stuff is "crap" it works. The amp dosen't overheat, speakers don't distort, and cd's don't skip. I just want more low bass for when i listen to rap. I'm not trying to build an award winning system (obviously)

Back