So i lowered my car and...

ls/low'n'slow

Reaction score
its your uca's hitting. get used to it.

no its not

a definite possibility as well. how low are the ksports? my ucas are pretty close to the tower i wouldnt be surprised if they were smacking occasionally i have bout a 2" drop.

no its not

noo... its not the UCA, its the strut mount... that happened to me before... KSPort gt springs aren't low enough to cause that.... i am far lower and i dont get that problem.

the bolt in the middle of the strut mount, you didn't tighten it all the way... there must be some slack in it that you didn't see when you put it on strut first... double check each corner cuz chances are thats what it is.. check all bolts including the middle one... as for 00accord91 i would double check the mounting bolts on that side... make sure its tight... going over bumps will cause noise

this^ might be your problem please check all your bolts something is bound to be loose.

and why does every one always say its the damn upper control arm when they are talking bout a clunking noise on the accords?
for your uca to hit you would have to have you car sitting on the ground. i have my accord slammed as low as i can go and my sub-frame is 2 1/2 inches off the ground
DSCF2714-1.jpg

and my upper control arms don't hit and never have

put it this way you would have to be tucking rim on a 18 to be any were close to have to uca hit

Dinzdale40

Large Member
Reaction score
do you have the stock strut bars?...a lot of times when you install suspension where those tighten to the firewall(under the windshield wipers) loosen up a day or two after wards and you have to re-tighten those nuts...

hirichard

Reaction score
the bolt in the middle of the strut mount, you didn't tighten it all the way... there must be some slack in it that you didn't see when you put it on strut first... double check each corner cuz chances are thats what it is.. check all bolts including the middle one... as for 00accord91 i would double check the mounting bolts on that side... make sure its tight... going over bumps will cause noise

i'm sure this is the problem. me and a friend put his stock springs back onto his car and forgot a rubber piece that goes under the tophat. and it made a clunking noise. we put it back on and it went away

Drew707

Reaction score
thanks guys or girls for all the help. im going to check it out today and let you know whats the deal. maybe even pics =O

Accord_Sleeper

Reaction score
this thread helped alot.. im gonna go check on mine too. im maxed out in the front and clunking noises occur when theres uneven surfaces on the road.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
no its not

no its not

this^ might be your problem please check all your bolts something is bound to be loose.

and why does every one always say its the damn upper control arm when they are talking bout a clunking noise on the accords?
for your uca to hit you would have to have you car sitting on the ground. i have my accord slammed as low as i can go and my sub-frame is 2 1/2 inches off the ground
DSCF2714-1.jpg

and my upper control arms don't hit and never have

put it this way you would have to be tucking rim on a 18 to be any were close to have to uca hit

Im tucking my tires on 17x9 and I get the clanking noise from UCA...

What kind of coils are you running? It is next to impossible to NOT have that nosie unelss you're running a stiff *** hell set up.

DrOwZee

Reaction score
damn i should check mines too. lol but im too lazy to do everything. lazy easter sunday.

Back