So i lowered my car and...

CanadianEh48

Reaction score
nope you should be alright. obviously if it gets any worse over time you should look into the matter more in depth but for now id say its the UCA's

DrOwZee

Reaction score
also did you make sure you carefully tighten every screws including the 2 top nuts

00accord91

Reaction score
thank god i found this thread..i jus put my fnfs on yesterday and i was worried about the same exact thing..cept the only thing is, i only hear the clanking in the left rear and evertything else is pretty much quiet.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
noo... its not the UCA, its the strut mount... that happened to me before... KSPort gt springs aren't low enough to cause that.... i am far lower and i dont get that problem.

the bolt in the middle of the strut mount, you didn't tighten it all the way... there must be some slack in it that you didn't see when you put it on strut first... double check each corner cuz chances are thats what it is.. check all bolts including the middle one... as for 00accord91 i would double check the mounting bolts on that side... make sure its tight... going over bumps will cause noise

Last edited:

NashvegasCG

Reaction score
also did you make sure you carefully tighten every screws including the 2 top nuts

good point my buddy did his and forgot to tighten the strut nuts in the engine bay. Everytime the weight was taken of the springs you could hear the strut tap the frame because it wasn't tight. just a thought.

frantz954

Reaction score
noo... its not the UCA, its the strut mount... that happened to me before... KSPort gt springs aren't low enough to cause that.... i am far lower and i dont get that problem.

the bolt in the middle of the strut mount, you didn't tighten it all the way... there must be some slack in it that you didn't see when you put it on strut first... double check each corner cuz chances are thats what it is.. check all bolts including the middle one... as for 00accord91 i would double check the mounting bolts on that side... make sure its tight... going over bumps will cause noise

a definite possibility as well. how low are the ksports? my ucas are pretty close to the tower i wouldnt be surprised if they were smacking occasionally i have bout a 2" drop.

nyknick1015

Reaction score
yea if they were smacking then it wouldnt be right away before the springs settled. Maybe a little bit after awhile.

Back