Aftermarket seats.

pattywak

Reaction score
It's beginning to warm up and hit the 70s here in Tennessee and I'm already fed up with the super hot black leather that I have to sit in. Along with the wear on the seat from getting in and out, I may be starting to look for an aftermarket seat to replace it. I also want a seat that more comfortable since for some reason the stock seats don't do it for me. I like the 8thgen Civic coupe seats better than mine. They seem to hold me better. I know I will lose the power seat adjustment, but that is something I can live with as long as I can adjust the seat and recline it.

So far, I've looked up the following:
Hunsaker
Sparco
Corbeau
Megan Racing

Off the top of my head I can't think of any more popular brands. Out of the three listed Hunsakers are the best deal at like 400 for a pair, right before Megan Racing. The thing is, I'm a little on the large size so I'm worried I won't be able to properly fit in them. There I said it. haha.The sparco seats are nice but are really super hella pricey.

Do any of you guys have aftermarket seats in your 6thgens? What are your impressions // thoughts on them? Any other companies I should research and look into?

99cfENVYv6

Reaction score
Ive got sparco monzas. All i gotta say is i love them. If your a lil overweight or something, it might be uncomfortable cuz the bolsters are big. (I'm 6 foot and 178-180. I fit in them fine, but I imagine weighing 10-15lbs more would make it a lil uncomfortable.)

BTW, if you want some good price on sparcos, I'll probably be selling mine soon.

pattywak

Reaction score
Ah okay. I'll keep that in mind. I'm not obese or anything, just a little on the husky side.

6genaccord

Reaction score
I have Tenzo's in mine.... And I'd assume they're along the line of the Megan Racing ones... They're super comfy and def more supportive. I don't do track or anything serious so I didn't opt to go all out for recaro or sparco.

a bit of a pain in the *** to get in and out of if you're not used to it. My mom can't get in and out of my front seats anymore and countless people have hurt their asses on them... other then that great for long drives i think

pattywak

Reaction score
I'm trying to keep it around or under 500$. That basically knocks most of Sparco's lineup out of the way, I know. Just trying to find more options to research.

pattywak

Reaction score
I have Tenzo's in mine.... And I'd assume they're along the line of the Megan Racing ones... They're super comfy and def more supportive. I don't do track or anything serious so I didn't opt to go all out for recaro or sparco.

a bit of a pain in the *** to get in and out of if you're not used to it. My mom can't get in and out of my front seats anymore and countless people have hurt their asses on them... other then that great for long drives i think

Which Tenzo's do you have in yours? I looked at some and they looked pretty good...are they cloth?

Back