The H22 is dead!!! Kind of

5thGenAccord

Reaction score
For the few that know me and my car on this site I thought I would let you know whats been going on since I have been MIA for along time. I have been sooo damn busy with work and now school I have been neglecting thing I love most cars. Oh well, enough with my BS excuses. I killed my H22 on my way home this evening. I guess its not really dead it just doesn't idle. So after I a few quick emails to a couple of people around the country, the diagnosis's is bent valves DOH!!!! I was driving the car hard like I always do in certain areas around town (mostly on-ramps) well I usually take this on-ramp in third. Well I got the great idea of trying it out in second (BAD IDEA). Anywayz I have all 8k dialed in on this on-ramp (around 60 plus). I come out of the turn on to the straight freeway with my foot buried and before I'm thinking straight, check engine light comes on and I shift (should have shifted about 3 secs earlier). I'm thinking O great what did I do now? I have power I have VTEC, the damn check engine light is a lieing bastard. Well pull up to a stop sign, stop, car dies. SOB start again dies instantly. I manage through start and death to pull the car into a parking lot and a parking place. I havn't gotten the code for the check engine light yet so I will check it out. But most likely I have 16 nicely bent valves and I upgraded the valvetrain when I redid the head on this car. Now I'm paying for it in the end :( should have bought JUN valvesprings and retainers, but no I wanted to save a few bucks. Just goes to show you that cheaping out on head parts ends up costing more money. All and all I'm pissed at my self for being a stupid idiot, I am a good driver (at least I think so LOL). I guess I won't get to autocross the car like I wanted too this month. But, I should be back bigger and better next year if everything goes right (which it never does). Even though I think its valves I just got an e-mail that says it might be the timeing belt jumped a tooth (I can only hope), dout this is the case though.
!RANT ENDS!

TDotCord

Reaction score
man what are you people doing in Ohio killing your cars? Drew wrecks the Supra, Greg...I dunno what he broke...now your H22?

that's gotta be a bummer...well good luck with it

Crono139

Reaction score
TDotCord said:
Greg...I dunno what he broke...

Hahahahahaha.

He didn't do anything. I just hope the true problem is found soon.

Just think of one thing, Kyle... hardcore.

:p

BlkCurrantKord

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Hey hey....its those Canton area people you gotta worry about. I didn't do ****, except start it and put it into gear and put my foot on the gas. Aren't I the grandma driver of the group?

Damn that sucks Kyle. I just found a site the other day that sells JUN valvetrain components too!

5thGenAccord

Reaction score
Canton??? I don't live in Canton :p
Anywayz I need that website if their prices are right! I still don't have any updated info since work and school own me. Tommorrow I will check everything out.

Justin how did I know you were going to say that, at least it went out with a bang (not really) and not just sitting at a traffic light. I'm not quite sure what I'm going to do now, but I have a few months to think about it.

I thought I had it bad until I read Drew's post on the Supra soooooooooo sad

Last edited:

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
damn man that would suck if you bent your valves. pull that code though and go from there.

5thGenAccord

Reaction score
HUGE UP DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The saga continues LOL. Went out this evening and the damn car idles WTF!?!?!?!? I'm sooo confused it absolutely makes no sense at all but here is the real kicker the code I pulled was a code 22 (I have a chipped p28). So I beem up honda-tech code 22 is a Vtec pressure valve. Don't ask me what that is I'm looking this up as we speak. So I don't know whats going on I'm sooooooooooooo confused, time to send some emails again maybe someone can explain this cause I sure can't. I will keep all posted, I havn't driven the car yet I'm too afraid of being left stranded. But I did allow the car to warm up at idle then punched the gas a few times, and it idles back to normal. I will keep you all posted as soon as I can come up with something that makes logical sense.

skabone

Reaction score
I can feel your pain, my timing belt decided to shread on me this past weekend. and that was on my recently installed newer f23 with a new timing belt. I hope things turn out for your engine.

Back