Reaction score
Re: Projekt G23

ifvb77X.jpg

original harness, torn down.

TheEdge

Reaction score

k2x12pE.jpg

Deutsch firewall connector. Can be built better with a back plate. Needs little bit of fabrication.

greekpizza

Reaction score

What kind of head gasket are you running, im currently building a g23 and was going to use a h22 head gasket but after looking at it, i think its going to leak oil everywhere so now im leaning toward an f23 head gasket.

TheEdge

Reaction score

What kind of head gasket are you running, im currently building a g23 and was going to use a h22 head gasket but after looking at it, i think its going to leak oil everywhere so now im leaning toward an f23 head gasket.

I will be honest. Currently I have put my G23 build on hold. The water pump gear was a pain in the *** and I could not find a press on gear.

Yes I believe I used a h22 gasket, honda oem, using prelude 2001 parts from the online honda store. I can confirm after looking at the receipts but would need some time. For the 2 oil drain holes that I thought might cause future problems I used a silicone tube that fits a caulking gun and injected silicone all the way to the camshafts in both of those cavities.

greekpizza

Reaction score

I will be honest. Currently I have put my G23 build on hold. The water pump gear was a pain in the *** and I could not find a press on gear.

Yes I believe I used a h22 gasket, honda oem, using prelude 2001 parts from the online honda store. I can confirm after looking at the receipts but would need some time. For the 2 oil drain holes that I thought might cause future problems I used a silicone tube that fits a caulking gun and injected silicone all the way to the camshafts in both of those cavities.

If you could check your fitment i think youll notice that one of the oil passages on the block doesnt line up close enough to seal. and Ive already sealed the two oil passages on the head, i had a machine shop thread an allen screw into the passage. As far as the water pump goes i feel your pain, I had a machine shop do mine but we got lost in translation and instead of doing a f23 pump with h22 gear they gave me h22 pump with a f23 gear. :snoopfacepalm:

Heres a pic of my fitment youll notice theres a small sliver exposed which would allow oil to leak everywhere, so im gonna try using a f23 head gasket and pray that lines up with the head close enough.
Uploaded with

TheEdge

Reaction score

Nice catch. I will have to remove the head and see it again.

Are those arp cylinder head studs for h22? Do you have one that sits lower than the rest? I believe its the one on the top middle row looking from exhaust side.

All the G23 articles I read told me about a press on water pump gear so I bought 3 h22 water pumps from different manufacturers and came to the same conclusion regarding getting it done at the machine shop.

greekpizza

Reaction score

Nice catch. I will have to remove the head and see it again.

Are those arp cylinder head studs for h22? Do you have one that sits lower than the rest? I believe its the one on the top middle row looking from exhaust side.

All the G23 articles I read told me about a press on water pump gear so I bought 3 h22 water pumps from different manufacturers and came to the same conclusion regarding getting it done at the machine shop.

yes, arp h22 headstuds the middle one on the intake side sits lower but that matches on the head, the perch is lower. yeah take it to the machine shop because if it isnt done right it could be off balance and then youll be swapping the pump in a few months. mine only charged me 10 bucks.

Back