Range Rover Runs Over Bikers in NYC

Mikey

Reaction score
Agreed. I know bikers and I know their mentality, ESPECIALLY in groups. Anybody remember that video from awhile back with those bikers running from the cops?

Here....
http://youtu.be/eboR87mjk-8
And here...
http://youtu.be/Flo6bUjWMZg

Blatant disregard for the law. Not only were they not stopping but they were then fleeing.

I wouldn't at all be surprised if the incident in the OP were initially started BY the bikers. They were probably mad at the guy in the RR because he was in the center lane or he probably made some gesture to them as there were a ton of them. Someone got butthurt and decided to **** with him. I wouldn't be surprised if a biker tried approaching him, he freaked out and drove off.

I don't at all condone what he did but it could be considered self-defense. He felt his life or his family's life was in danger so he acted accordingly. And by the actions we see at the end of the video, I'd feel in danger too.

Mikey

Reaction score
Interesting article. Apparently, one of the bikers who was ran over may be paralyzed. And homeboy in the RR was removed from the vehicle and beaten, receiving slashes and, was treated for, facial wounds.

http://www.webpronews.com/bikers-attack-suv-driver-beaten-1-man-possibly-paralyzed-2013-10

Found this interesting though...
The group of bikers was supposed to attend an event in Times Square on Sunday– a rally for stunt drivers–but were turned away because of past problems with the event. Authorities say 15 bikers were arrested and several motorcycles were seized, but those were unrelated to the SUV incident.

Shadow1

Reaction score
summery. the bikers were at fault. the driver bumped the biker tire by accident. hard to stop a 4000lbs+ vehicle faster than a 400lbs sport bike. the port bike stopped short in front of the SUV. the SUV bumped the tire of the bike. the BIKER overreacted thus causing the man to go into defense mode and try to take off. while he was on the phone with the police. every single one of the bikers that attacked that man should arrested and charge with assault with a deadly weapon and attempted murder.

almightyfargoth

Reaction score
I wouldn't be surprised if a biker tried approaching him, he freaked out and drove off.

that's exactly what happened actually

the police report said after bumping the one guy he slowed to a stop, opened his door to attempt getting out to aid him, and then got rocked by some nearby dude who got off his bike and he was all trying to yank the door open violently

so he leaned back in while closing the door and slammed the gas

it's the same thing park rangers do in the Serengenti with wild animals

Last edited:

blacknight

Superman, uh mod
Reaction score
OK.
This is what I think happened.
The R.R. was just driving along when the bikers swarmed him.
The one bike cut in front of him and slowed to talk to the guy with the GoPro.
His Mistake was assuming the R.R. would slow down as well.
The As previously stated, It's easier to slow a 400lb bike to a crawl than it is to slow a 5000LB SUV to a crawl.
That's when it went downhill from there

dadams

Reaction score
Not to re-fuel this fire, even though I think we all know who is at fault. But in this conversation one BIG part was missed. Some of you said that the driver just got scared and that is why he took off etc. But He took off because once he stopped after the initial bump, he attempted to get out and check if everything was alright and exchange info etc, but he got swarmed, and they started to beat on the RR and his tires got slashed. So he was fearful for a reason. And the record shows that he did call the police right after it happened as well. In fact there were more than 200 calls about those same bikers that day!

Personally I would have done the exact same thing. I would not have gotten off the highway though.

00Accord4cyl

The Orange Skittle
Reaction score
The more I read about this, the more I wished more were at the hospital injured...Which is a shame of me to think, but these guys really are garbage. Each video I watch I am hoping I see some big vehicle just go bowling with them.

Back