H22 VS. F20b which one to choose?????

lilcharlie

Reaction score
ok well i decided to get a engine swap i found a shop that has JDM H22 for $800 cash and F20b for $1200 cash also they have The H22 with the LSD tranny ECU and wire harness for $1600 cash, not if I get the F20b how would i do in gettin the wire harness ECU , would it bolt up to the tranny of my F23, a friend told me it would since its a F serias motor , also do they make any after market parts for the F20b , i know been told that the F20b makes about 20 more Horsepower then the H22 ????? well if u have any info on anything let me know because i dont know which one to buy or which one is a better buy

hiddengamer7

Reaction score
there's no replacement for displacement, oh and btw, your F23 tranny will bolt up to the h22 if you really wanted it too

f23accord2000

Reaction score
my friend had the f20b engine very hard to find parts seeing they dont make it here ,parts are very rare aftermarket and stock he sold the engine 1 yr later cause parts where so hard to find and got the h22 and loves it better

dreman

H22-5spd Swapped CG5
Reaction score
Search the boards I'm sure you will find info on this matter but I will say the F20B does not have 20hp more it does come with about 200hp but it has a bit less tq the F20B doch 5spd is rated at 200ps/145tq and you can use pretty much anything after market or OEM that you would use in a H22.

Keep in mind the F20B that comes with an automatic trans will have less HP I think it's 190hp something in that range. The F20b was also designed with electronic power steering so not sure how that works my self if you plan to keep PS I have not thought of that my self. The 220hp H22 is from the red top H22 type-S not the blue top F20b and I dought they would be selling you that motor for 1600 with tranny and LSD ;) but look around this board you will find out what you need. If you plan to turbo your motor a F23 5spd trans would be better since it has longer gears but a H22 trans may last longer and take power better.

Last edited:

DarkSideAccord

nadeshiko fobz ftw..
Reaction score
wasn't this discussed in detail before? :thinking:

but yeah... F20b and H22 parts are interchangeable... H and F trannies are interchangeable too

for the prices u have been given, i'd go for the H22... why bother with the more expensive F20b tht has less torque? :redface2:

Back