What'd you do to your accord today?

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score
Going from tan/brown to tan/black. Started the prep/priming on a good number of the interior plastic pieces. My apartment is a mess and people look at me like I'm crazy when they see the inside of my car with all the exposed wires and such.

The finished pieces look really good though. Everyone I've shown has thought I ordered new black plastic pieces, but I'm way too cheap for that...
Good job!

Pics ??

Reaction score
Good job!

Pics ??

I'll get them soon. Probably within a week and I'll post them. Still gotta do the dashboard, the steering wheel, and those annoying pieces near the front where the hood popper is (anyone know if you can safely take those out?).

The big holdup really is the dash. I gotta wait for the weekend and a two day period where I don't need the car. Gonna slap on a respirator, tape up the front of the car, and spray the dash without taking it out. I don't wanna rush that cause I know it'll be real bad if I don't do a good job taping.

I can post pics of the pieces and go over the steps to diy when I get back from work later tonight if you want.

sonni_kuba

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looking good, buddy.
Being that low, it explains why you needed the front lip protector. :boink:

Thanks man, having the license plate relocater mounted underneath also helps, as I now scrape those two bolts instead of the bumper.

Hobbit

Reaction score
swear at it well ok not at the car as such but the fact the stupid crazy roads are costing me a fortune

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Was on my way to a buddy's house last night and was egged on for probably 15 minutes by an S2000 and some kid on a sportbike who persisted in looking back at me and revving. I gave the s2k driver a thumbsup but ignored the obnoxious biker. Eventually after not changing my speed I guess they realized I wasn't interested and they pulled away.

In more important news, front lip is finally back on the car. The garage door molding I bought won't stick to the 3M tape I put on the bottom of the lip, so I need to find something else to use. Brand new sides are on as well.

temporary_21.jpg

Last edited:

james'99

Reaction score
Was on my way to a buddy's house last night and was egged on for probably 15 minutes by an S2000 and some kid on a sportbike who persisted in looking back at me and revving. I gave the s2k driver a thumbsup but ignored the obnoxious biker. Eventually after not changing my speed I guess they realized I wasn't interested and they pulled away.

In more important news, front lip is finally back on the car. The garage door molding I bought won't stick to the 3M tape I put on the bottom of the lip, so I need to find something else to use. Brand new sides are on as well.

temporary_21.jpg

Looking great as usual!

Sil2DrV6

Reaction score

temporary_21.jpg
Do you get that a lot, Chris? I always wonder how it is to drive a red car like yours.

Mr. OEM Full Lip Kit Club #1 is officially back! :)

puzzlemaster94

6GA Connoisseur
Reaction score

temporary_21.jpg

Front lip looks good as new, because it is. Lol. Need to get the rest of my lipkit, but still waiting on my harness lead to message me back. Same with my tape, won't stick to the garage molding. If you find a solution, let me know if you can. Where are the works?

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
I ran into a friend at Cars N Coffee Saturday and he let me test drive his ISF. I was thinking about one for my next car but I just didn’t know if the auto trans would be responsive enough. Well that is def not an issue lol. And I liked that in Sport mode it holds the gears unless you shift up yourself. When slowing down to a stop though it will downshift at a certain speed, which I could live with. The one thing I wasn’t crazy about is that when you’re downshifting to pass, etc it blips the throttle for you and I like doing that myself. That V8 though…

Looking great as usual!

Thanks James

Do you get that a lot, Chris? I always wonder how it is to drive a red car like yours.

Mr. OEM Full Lip Kit Club #1 is officially back! :)

I wouldn’t say a lot, but enough that sometimes it makes not want to drive a Honda anymore haha. Maybe a couple times a year. I don’t understand why a sportbike would mess with a car, there is no contest there, generally.

I like my front end again. :)

Front lip looks good as new, because it is. Lol. Need to get the rest of my lipkit, but still waiting on my harness lead to message me back. Same with my tape, won't stick to the garage molding. If you find a solution, let me know if you can. Where are the works?

Thanks Evan. Luckily the lip was able to be resurrected. There is one mounting bracket that’s missing, and the driver side corner is a little lower than the passenger but I may be able to get that back into shape with a heat gun or something. From now on I’m going to remove it in winter, get out and check how close I am to parking blocks, etc…can’t take any more chances because you can’t find these anywhere anymore. You have the front and sides, right?

I’ve tried scrubbing the molding, I’ve used rubbing alcohol like Jon did and I’ve tried a degreaser. I left a piece of tape on it for 2 days and it was kind of sticky but too easy to remove still, so I know it wouldn’t hold up in rain. I’ll definitely let you know if I get it or something else to work.

I gave the Works a thorough cleaning over the weekend, they will be on by next week. All ready to go…

WP_20150526_08_36_04_Pro.jpg

Back