Wheel Fitment Thread

iHazSnail

Reaction score
whats good fellas? Im still on my quest of new wheels so let me ask this, 18x9 +26 medium disk in the rear. How crazy would that be? or would it be moderate? and what tires should i run?
Thanks

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Not too crazy at all. Are you/have you doing/done fender modification?

iHazSnail

Reaction score
Yup fenders are rolled and pulled. Would i have to relocate the bumper tabs? And what tires? Is it going to rub? How much of -ve camber would i have to run?

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
Hold your horsies. All that depends on what tires you plan on running. I mean you could get away with a 215 easily with minimal work, but if you're trying to run a 235 or 245 you may need more work to make it fit.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
Like what kind of work? In the front would be 18x8 +30 with MT 245. Would it look retarded running 215 or 225?

truWarier02

Reaction score
I think you should relocate your tabs anyway and it's easy to do. On big enough dips, it'll rub. I think it actually rubs more on the bumper tab area than it does on the fender.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
Yeah the tabs are not a big deal i'll do it anyway but my main concern is what size tires to run and if it would look silly with two different sizes in the front and the rear

bdeitemeyer

Reaction score
Yeah the tabs are not a big deal i'll do it anyway but my main concern is what size tires to run and if it would look silly with two different sizes in the front and the rear

It depends on your definition of silly. Some people think RWD-style staggered fitments on FWD cars look silly, but some people think a larger front tire & smaller rear tire looks silly (like a FWD drag car). As long as you don't mind, it shouldn't matter whether the general consensus thinks it may be silly or not. You obviously need the meaty tires for better traction, so go for it.

iHazSnail

Reaction score
By silly i mean staggered on a fwd is silly to begin with then not matching tires, i wonder if it will make it so busy that it might look silly/tacky.
I have to do this because im sick and tired of upgrading performance parts, breaking and then buying more crap when my original plan was to sell the car lol
This is how im going to keep my *** in check by fear of nicking expensive wheels :lawl:

Back