Full Load

Rainman215

Reaction score
Ok I plan to add about 500 lbs of audio equipment into my car. I need the best option for my suspension so that my tires dont rub. Right now im rolling on my steelies that I put on for the winter time ... But i do have some 18s that i rock when its nice out. So what im asking is a recommendation for my suspension tht will allow me to have alot of weight while keeping my fenders off of my rear tires. Only thing ive considered is groundcontrol coilovers which are gonna be around 800 total.

101_0149.jpg

101_0146.jpg

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Ok I plan to add about 500 lbs of audio equipment into my car. I need the best option for my suspension so that my tires dont rub. Right now im rolling on my steelies that I put on for the winter time ... But i do have some 18s that i rock when its nice out. So what im asking is a recommendation for my suspension tht will allow me to have alot of weight while keeping my fenders off of my rear tires. Only thing ive considered is groundcontrol coilovers which are gonna be around 800 total.

Did the same thing, don't have the rims anymore, but plan to at some point.

Roll your fenders, and if you are considering GC's, then you need to consider full coilovers as suggested vvv as well as the other advice suggested below.

coilovers

or use lighter stuff :crazyrun:

Also, OP, if you are paying $800 for Ground Control coilovers, you need to check out the AMR Group Buy thread. :coffee:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
TEIN SS are more in the $800 range.....which is a coincidence since people don't want to spend much on quality suspension.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
i hope he means ground controls + illuminas or something, or we'll be seeing a "are my shocks blown?" thread :peek:

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Even still, I wouldn't consider coilover sleeves/shocks with that much weight being put in the back.....better to get a full coilover setup.

To the OP, what are you audio plans in terms of equipment you will be using?

Rainman215

Reaction score
the ground controls would come out to about 800 for a pair. so you guys are saying I need full coilovers that look
wrx_megan_coilover.jpg

not like
ae86_groundcontrol.jpg

And the springs dont matter? Like how GC offers 500lb extra "load/stiffness/capacity (idk the term)" springs?

Rainman215

Reaction score
a wall a little behind the b pillar ...
2 18" sundown audio nightshades
4 xs power d1200s
2 sundown audio 3500s
1 dc power 120.4
2 sets of RF Power 6x9s
2 sets of RF Power 6.5 components
6 runs of 1/0 power/ground to the back
DC 270xp Alternator

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
that much weight is going to mess with ANY suspension. if GC offers an uprated spring rate, you should call them and ask what they recommend.

so with that setup...youre basically destroying the rear half of the car :thinking:

by the way, multiple tweeters is going to sound like garbage unless they are arrayed next to each other. just a heads up...

Back