Full Load

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Forget doing that in the Accord why not use a,

Colorado_Xtreme-front-125.jpg

I think your setup is a bit much for an Accord. You're in to audio, that's cool, but I think you are underestimating how much weight will actually be in the car with that setup.

Considering that the wall for the subs has to be very strongly supported, that will be extra weight from braces/deadening.

The deadening alone for that type of a setup could be a couple hundred pounds.

Yes, to answer your question about the coilovers.

Wildman

Read the rules
Reaction score
a wall with two 18s? If you are trying to compete, this isn't a very good SPL car anyways lol.

but regardless, I would suggest that whatever you get has a stiffer spring than stock obviously and I would suggest adjustable dampening too

shavedaccord

Reaction score
Are you just trying to be loud or actually compete? cause that setup like Wildman said = not good. If I were you, rather than sacrificing the back half of the car, use the trunk. Plenty of space to build a massive box & it's hidden. I hope this won't be a daily driver with that wall lol...

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
infinite baffle.

it wont be insanely loud but it would get low with a pair of 15s off 600w for the PAIR. you wouldn't even need all the batteries and extra **** to weigh the car down since the trunk would become the box. 14 cu ft box with only a couple 2x4' sheets of wood...ummm...ya :ohsnap:

shavedaccord

Reaction score
infinite baffle.

it wont be insanely loud but it would get low with a pair of 15s off 600w for the PAIR. you wouldn't even need all the batteries and extra **** to weigh the car down since the trunk would become the box. 14 cu ft box with only a couple 2x4' sheets of wood...ummm...ya :ohsnap:
I got a buddy who is CONSTANTLY winning events in this area with a simple 4.5cu-ft box in the trunk of his 5.0. 2 AudioPike 15's, AudioPike Class-D 1000w (benched at 3200).. The whole setup, including wiring and material was less than $800 and it meters around 147-149. Hell I've seen him install 6" woofers into the back of an f-150 and demolish systems with 12's, 15's etc.. the box is make or break.

ryan s

they dont think it
Reaction score
is the rustang a hatch? those get immense loading advantages just like CRX and pandas (overseas) have their own SPL classes or get bumped up.

i gotta disagree a little...NOTHING goes low like a 15 or 18. the best 10 on the market can't hold a candle to a large sub. it's really heart stopping sometimes. 6.5s are plenty loud when played in their sweet spot though.

shavedaccord

Reaction score
is the rustang a hatch? those get immense loading advantages just like CRX and pandas (overseas) have their own SPL classes or get bumped up.

i gotta disagree a little...NOTHING goes low like a 15 or 18. the best 10 on the market can't hold a candle to a large sub. it's really heart stopping sometimes. 6.5s are plenty loud when played in their sweet spot though.
Well these 6's that he uses are just insane. I swear you'd think that truck is packed with 12's and it's only 2 6's lol. I forgot the name but they are intended to be used as SPL sub's when space is limited.

Rainman215

Reaction score
I wouldnt mind metering but I just want to be able to knock peoples brains out. I already have this equipment .... I will be building a wall... and thats that. thanks for the ideas though guys. I mean theres no way 2 18s are on 7K is gonna feel as intense as 2 12s or something.

Back