function&form type 1 opinion

98acclude

Reaction score
I've read threw the product review form and it looks like alot of you guys are running these and like them quite a bit...

Im looking to dump the **** out of my car... but I've been reading around on the internet also that these are good but if you ride slammed after about a year or so they blow out... any of you guys running into this problem with the type 1's? I would love the type 2's but they're kinda out of my range at the moment.. thanx for the help!

98acclude

Reaction score
no problem with em so far? I'm jus kinda worried about shellin out money then they not being worth a damn after a year... how long have you been riding on them? cause I wanna ride pretty low and I've hear they're good just as long as their not dumped.. but these were civic and integra owner's.. lol :p

efcivicturbo

Reaction score
Im kinda curious as well, trying to find the best one piece for the bucks..:D

nyknick1015

Reaction score
type1's are good... the only issue is that people get them and then slam them all the way and then they wonder why they blow... that little shock travel, they are bound to blow...

my only issue with them is that 12/6 is such s weird spring rate combo... at least to me... for 4cyl cars, its gonna be a major PITA since its not as heavy upfront so its gonna be bouncy as hell but the rear is gonna be soft

yo44boichris

Reaction score
type1's are good... the only issue is that people get them and then slam them all the way and then they wonder why they blow... that little shock travel, they are bound to blow...

my only issue with them is that 12/6 is such s weird spring rate combo... at least to me... for 4cyl cars, its gonna be a major PITA since its not as heavy upfront so its gonna be bouncy as hell but the rear is gonna be soft

would the v6 be a better with the F1 cause its heavier in the front.

swollen_cu

Reaction score
IMO the type 1's are good for a daily. BUt if you slam your ride and have some low offset wheels like me, they arent stiff enough even with the 12k front. My friends BC racing 10k front on soft-medium setting was 3x stiffer than my ff type 1's. When i push down on my front fender, the suspension moves a good 3/8 of an inch and when I pushed down on my friends car, went downmaybe 1/8 of an inch.

They are good for starters, but in the future, if rather get some AMR's.

2002CG3coupe

Reaction score
The F&F type 1 is a good start for anybody that is looking for a clean drop but I say once your money is good and you can afford AMR coilover get them I know I will for sure :hihi:

Back