function&form type 1 opinion

98acclude

Reaction score
If you're a "spirited driver" like me, you won't be dissapointed in Type II's. They are stiff, but not harsh enough to daily drive with some comfort. Like I said before, if you drive a lowered suspension like it was on stock springs and coils, you will have issues I don't care what coilover you use. Either the suspension breaks something or you'll blow a shock. These are monotube shocks and very, very durable - they don't leak either. Watch the road ahead, don't speed over bumps or drive over potholes if you want your stuff to last.

sick! well I take care of what I have now and it's been good to me so far I'm jus wantin sumthin a lil more and I think I'll prolly go for type 2's then! I really appriciate everyone's input that made this process alot easier!

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
I just finish riding on this after 6 weeks. I'm completely disappointed...

I miss my Apexi WS Coilovers....

Jephu

6GA Supporting Member
Reaction score
1 down side for me is that, they're way too low. I have it on the highest possible perch, and my car is still slammed. With my lip kit coming, i'll be scraping everywhere :(.

Did you adjust your coils like in this vid by sleepercell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLRdo8atXbM

I just finish riding on this after 6 weeks. I'm completely disappointed...

I miss my Apexi WS Coilovers....

Why? too soft?

maybe disappointed because the way the coilovers were adjusted ? :ugh2:

Last edited:

yo44boichris

Reaction score
wait to adjust the F1. do you use the bottom mount to lower the car only? you dont worry about the other two mounts that sit below the spring right? please someone take me through the process im kinda confused on how to adjust these

Sleeper Cell

No more CG Squad!!!
Reaction score
If you adjust the height of the spring you change the stroke length of the shock. For ride height you adjust using the lower mount, and for corner balancing you use to upper spring seats. I'll be making a new video in a few weeks that will be better.

Speaking from experience though, there are many other brands on the market that are leaps and bounds beyond what F2 will offer you...

Last edited:

Tek_Rice

Reaction score
Did you adjust your coils like in this vid by sleepercell?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tLRdo8atXbM

maybe disappointed because the way the coilovers were adjusted ? :ugh2:

I know how to adjust them.... and they were adjusted correctly. The only primary advantage to them is their ability to go low... and that's it.

Performance wise, they perform almost like stock. crappy spring rate, poor valving. I cant even take corners correctly without feeling like i'm loosing control yet I can take the same corner just as fast, if not faster with total ease on my Apexi WS.

If you just want to go low, they're great. But if you want performance, look elsewhere.

I think i'm gonna go with AMR or maybe KW Variant next for performance. Or if I can find another set of Apexi WS Refurbished.....

Last edited:

yo44boichris

Reaction score
If you adjust the height of the spring you change the stroke length of the shock. For ride height you adjust using the lower mount, and for corner balancing you use to upper spring seats. I'll be making a new video in a few weeks that will be better.

Speaking from experience though, there are many other brands on the market that are leaps and bounds beyond what F2 will offer you...

do you have to take the coilover off the car to adjust the bottom mount because they dont spin at the bottom while on the car

Last edited:

NASOHC

Reaction score

LOL... You have serious anger issues with F&F - :ohyou:

I just think its funny though - not bashing. I love mine though. Great street/track ride quality IMO.

FYI: The video shows turning the bottom of the coil-over to lower but once that part is fitted and secured into the suspension, it won't turn (duh) SO, you have to do it by the top part. If you touch the top 2 rings loose, you'll change the pre-load adjustment or loosen the spring on the coil-over which can later cause noise too.

Let me better explain this below:

Before installing coil-over on car!!!

1. Ensure that the spring is snug and lightly compressed (1/4-1/2-3/4" but no more) and tighten both lower rings to lock preload on spring. So, if spring measures 10" when not compressed, it should measure 9.5" when locked in place if going 1/2". Do this on all 4 before installing!!! I recommend some pre-load on the spring as they will break-in and change slightly.

2. Adjust all 4 coil-over height by measuring front and rear to be equal - grab a measuring tape, and be sure that the front and rear when fully extended are equal. Lightly, hand tight lower locking ring.

Note: better to be higher to start than lower since it'll be easier to adjust down

After Installed on car!!!

3. Then install coil-overs on car. You'll be able to notice if the car is too low or too high so adjust to desired choice. (no need to remove coil-over again).

Just unlock the lower ring (should be hand tight) and if car needs to go lower, be sure to raise ring from lower mount enough to allow for drop. Measure this distance equally on both sides when doing so - this ensure equal adjustment on sides. Use tool and turn upper ring (clockwise) the one next to spring. It'll turn the whole coil-over inward without loosening the locking ring securing the coil spring. Then lock bottom ring tightly to secure.

If you need to go higher, simply unlock bottom ring again (do not raise this ring, simply unlock!) This time from lower ring at top, below locking spring ring (turn counter-clockwise) so coil-over increases height and again, does not loosen locking rings to affect pre-load on spring. Do same same by measuring and when finally done - lock in lower ring tightly again to finalize.

You're done!

Remember, once you set the pre-load on spring - you'll never move those upper rings APART again. Once the upper rings are locked together you can turn the whole height adjustment up or down by turning either top or bottom locking spring rings to continue locking them in the direction you want to turn the whole assembly to change height. Simple but hard for some people... i know cause I've seen it. Try this and let me know if you feel a difference in how the car rides. Pre-load is important and can vary slightly after springs are broken in - you may have to double check again to ensure it's where you want it to be.

:)

Back