Newbie from SoCal

harvardf4i

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I've been a long-time Accord lover. I've had a 1994 Accord EX Sedan for a while now. Anyways my friend gave me his Silver 1998 Accord LX V6 (what a good friend!), since then I have been lurking around but now it's time to be active.

So someone hit the accord in the parking lot:
b6d97a0bb7caf0ee03034493bed6ad43.jpg

Any suggestions?

Brad2274

Reaction score
dang that's a bad parking accident, was it a hit and run?? was your hood damaged as well? you'll have to remove that fender and see if the engine bay/fender/headlight frame rail area was bent, i have a feeling it's probably ok.
gonna need at least
-Fender
-Bumper
-Headlight
-Headlight bracket
-Fender liner (maybe)
From what i can see it's not a bad accident,(like i said, remove damaged parts for a better idea) If you search hard you can get those parts for $250 maybe in your color, otherwise you'll spend another good chunk in paint, not the end of the world.

RedRyder

Save the manuals
Reaction score
Welcome to the site. Sorry someone hit you, how do people hit parked cars...

SykVSyx

Reaction score
Hit and runs.....discovered I had one at some point as well.

Mind you, mine was only some red paint on my front bumper that I need to deal with.

Sucks about the car, look like you will have to possibly add a hood to the list of parts for repair.

Welcome to the site.

Enjoy.

harvardf4i

Reaction score
Well it wasn't a hit and run, the older gentleman (he's in at least his late 60's) took responsibility and said his foot slipped off the brake pedal. Yeah... I think she will become the daily driver and will put on a new front bumper... Any recommendations? VIS?

danmccormick87

Reaction score
Well it wasn't a hit and run, the older gentleman (he's in at least his late 60's) took responsibility and said his foot slipped off the brake pedal. Yeah... I think she will become the daily driver and will put on a new front bumper... Any recommendations? VIS?

I was going to do an aftermarket bumper, but everyone I've looked I seen the horror stories about fitment. I'd suggest doing like what I'm thinking about doing, and going with the 01-02 Coupe bumper, fenders, and hood. You will be able to retain a clean, sleek look, and also have a spot for fog lights. :beer:

harvardf4i

Reaction score
Welcome to the site! Sucks about the car accident. Since the other guy took responsibility, have it go through his insurance so you don't have to pay for anything yourself.

Thanks! Their insurance has paid out (they say it was a total loss). It's unbelievable. The adjuster said there is no serious damage and they can pull the the fender support... so it's now a question of what I want.

Any headlight recommendations?

Back