Newbie from SoCal

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
Thanks! Their insurance has paid out (they say it was a total loss). It's unbelievable. The adjuster said there is no serious damage and they can pull the the fender support... so it's now a question of what I want.

Any headlight recommendations?

Did they give you the option of not fixing it and just writing you a check for the value of the car or taking it to a shop and actually getting it fixed? Our cars typically go for about $3,500 today + / - $1,500 depending on the condition of the car (paint, running, interior, etc.). If they're telling you that they'll give you a check for the value of the car and not give it a salvage title, do that, and get it fixed yourself, then take it to a body shop to get it painted, pocket the rest and you've made a profit :smoke2:.

harvardf4i

Reaction score
Did they give you the option of not fixing it and just writing you a check for the value of the car or taking it to a shop and actually getting it fixed? Our cars typically go for about $3,500 today + / - $1,500 depending on the condition of the car (paint, running, interior, etc.). If they're telling you that they'll give you a check for the value of the car and not give it a salvage title, do that, and get it fixed yourself, then take it to a body shop to get it painted, pocket the rest and you've made a profit :smoke2:.

Yeah i'm taking the money and keeping the car. I want to turn it into my daily driver. I'm not concerned about resale value since the high mileage and the car was a gift from a friend, so I don't really care about salvage title. :favorites13:

I guess I need to scour the forum and see other people's views to figure out what I want...

CDsDontBurn

Reaction score
So it sounds like you've already made a profit on the car! LOL

As for parts, check RockAuto.com as they have a wide selection of parts available for our cars and do what you can yourself to save some coin. For the things you can't do yourself, take it somewhere. :)

harvardf4i

Reaction score
So it sounds like you've already made a profit on the car! LOL

As for parts, check RockAuto.com as they have a wide selection of parts available for our cars and do what you can yourself to save some coin. For the things you can't do yourself, take it somewhere. :)

Thanks! Will do!

Better fix that soon!! so we can do car meets! :head3::head3::head3: :)

Hell yeah!!! :headbang::headbang::headbang:

Welcome to the club. Goodluck fixing that front end. I have family where ur located!

Thx

harvardf4i

Reaction score
Can someone tell me what the heck is CAM? I was following a thread and I can't still figure out what CAM is? Some kind of event?

Back